8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » wtb a cheap version of king kong full film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wtb a cheap version of king kong full film
Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2011 08:42 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what the title says i dont have a job so im limited to cash

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 26, 2011 09:10 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin, you should make clear how cheap you are looking for.

--------------------
Winbert

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2011 09:15 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well im looking for the full film and would 20 bucks be shooting high?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 26, 2011 09:17 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's almost impossible.

Even a 400' digest of King Kong will be more from that.

I believe a very bad print of King Kong full film will be around $50-$70

--------------------
Winbert

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2011 09:19 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok you could probially help me with this whats the cheepest kinds of full features i mean like genras

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 26, 2011 09:43 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can pick up magnetic sound features for around $25.00 to $30.00 sometimes on the forum and on Ebay. Sci-Fi and horror is usually much more depending on the title. I have a super 8 mag feature on Ebay with a starting bid of $19.99. It's a Joe E. Brown comedy from the 1930s.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280648443339&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 26, 2011 09:46 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin.....I provide some links to give you an idea what super 8mm film you can get for below $40 budget

Super 8mm complete 15 chapter serial "Hop Harrigan"

You will get 15 * 400' of serial "Hop Harrigan" (detective story) in B/W and sound. It means around $2.5 for a 400' reel

Dodge City 1939 Errol Flynn Super 8 Film

An action film for $24 in Color and Sound

Bruce Lee - Die Todeskralle schlägt wieder zu 4 Teile

A martial arts film from a very well known actor, Bruce Lee in Color and sound for EUR 16 (eqv $23)

VINTAGE 8MM FILMS MY MAN GODFREY B&W 5 REELS UNVIEWED

A full feature in B/W and sound film for ONLY $10.50 (5 * 400')

ps: remember that you need to have extra money for postage.

So you can see that with your very limited budget, you can still get a decent film.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2011 10:02 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok how many full features can i get for say 40 bucks is there any way to get stleast 3

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 01:07 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keep in mind that even in the good old days of film collecting features rarely cost less than $100...Austin, may I ask how old you are? Forgive me if I am assuming you are young but your posts appear like you may be, which would explain why you are hoping to get some feature films for so little money..

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 01:32 AM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im turning 13

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 27, 2011 10:20 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin,

Glad to see you're interested in Super 8! Not to sound like an old guy (too late!), but I was your age when I first got interested in film collecting. Considering your budget, you might want to start off collecting digests, those abridged versions of feature films. They can range in running time from 8 minutes (200') to almost an hour (three 400' reels). Also, feel free to tell us how you got into this hobby!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 12:46 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i actually just wanted something to do if that makes any sence and the digests sound good but i just want something thats similar to a real movies legnth

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 05:35 PM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We, who love films, want to have full lenght features. But, if you are going to project it to your family and friends, you will find that many people get bored with the "classics". So I recommend you to buy some edited reels of the classics. It will be a funny sesion, just to see the famous scenes from that masterpieces. And, you will learn a lot of things about projectors and films. If you try to project a good print the first time, it is probably you will have any problem with all this old things, and you will have the awful feeling of seeing your film destroyed. Step by step.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC