8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » (The Karate Kid 1984 John G. Avildsen.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (The Karate Kid 1984 John G. Avildsen.
Giuseppe Anaclerio
Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2011 07:15 PM      Profile for Giuseppe Anaclerio   Email Giuseppe Anaclerio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
does this film exist in super8 format? thank you

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 30, 2011 07:21 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Knowing this movie was so popular, there is a high possibility that it was shown on the airplane. If this the case, then, an optical print may be available.

But as you may have known, all airline prints were destroyed after used in the flight.

But who knows someone saved it.

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 31, 2011 10:28 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not all prints my friend ... not all ....

of course, and I am the owner of over 50 opticals features features myself, though I do not have Karate Kid, but it is entirely possible that it would exist, as optical super 8 features were put on airline flights all the way up to 1989. I have the feature "Stand and Deliver" from 1988, and I have also heard that "The Hunt For Red October" was an optical release in Japan ...

... however, since I have not actually seen that print, I can't verify that for a fact.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Giuseppe Anaclerio
Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2011 09:41 AM      Profile for Giuseppe Anaclerio   Email Giuseppe Anaclerio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok thank you for this search. you says that exist a copy of short circuit by john badham?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC