8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted Horrors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted Horrors
Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2011 12:07 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for the following. Only willing to pay top dollar for top condition copies but i will consider any condition at the right price, even stuff with out of sync or missing sound tracks.

picollo films "zombies unter cannibalen" fuji copy or Agfa reel 1,
picollo films 2 x 110m "Man Eater"
piccollo films 2 x 110m "Ein zombie hing am glockenseil"
Picollo films 2 x 110m "Eaten Alive"
The black cat (argento) 2 x 110m German print, can't remember who put this one out.
The Fog - (Derann?) - full feature - scope
Halloween - Derann - full feature - scope
texas chainsaw 5 x 400ft ifs complete version
night of the living dead complete version, sure i had a 6 x 400ft version before?
plan 9 from outer space - 4 x 400 mountain films
Ilsa She wolf/Harem keeper & love camp 7 - full features - shark
Tenebrae - full feature (silma?)

Will consider anything else interesting sci fi or horror, let me know what you have or could be persuaded to sell.

Cheers,

Lee

|  IP: Logged

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2011 03:56 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Lee

These are all very rare these days but do turn up sometimes on ebay.de

I would contact Gary @ Derann with regard to The Fog & Halloween as they do turn up on his list from time to time too.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is very common but only in the slightly abridged 4 x 400ft version,usually go for £50 @ filmfairs but over £100 on ebay!!

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2011 04:08 PM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen Plan 9 on ebay a few days ago, Night Of The Living... many times.
Try to be patient... ebay is like fishing.

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2011 01:04 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

Getting a bit tedious trawling ebay looking for that particular list, been watching ebay.de for at least 6 months for the picollo stuff but nothing is showing up.
I somehow missed a zombie holocaust for 79euro a few months back but thats been about it for ages with their rarer titles.
picked up the ilsa's a while back from italy but hareem keeper was so dried out & faded i could hardly see anything left of the print. The guy i brought them from had a love camp 7 as well but i left it alone after buying those two.
I once had a 5 x 400ft texas chainsaw on iver in cardboard boxes, it is out there somewhere. I think i got it from classic or paul foster in the late 1990's. Back then i had a decent collection of horror on 8 & 16 but i ebayed the lot when that started getting popular in early 2000 & i was skint.
But...I've been rebuilding a beaulieu 708el stereo over the last year which has a crystal sync board installed and now i am looking for films again. I will telecine them into avid and cut new sound tracks from edits using dvd or bluray as the master audio copies.
I need a few more bits for the projector but no worries about this as Mr Andersson is on the case even as i type this message. I live right near Gatwick airport and every so often i can get to meet up with him locally to get some parts whilst he is visiting the UK. He's a very nice person!

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2011 05:49 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee, how was the 5X400' TCM broken down on reels? One of them must be really short as the only things I notice missing from my 4X400' are the John Larroquette narration at the beginning and the scenes with Jim Siedow leaving the garage with Sally in the sack, and a little bit before they enter the house. Altogether it must be no more than a minute of total film missing. I got a print from Ian last year that is in excellent condition with very good color.

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2011 06:52 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Joe,

I think there are a couple of minutes missing from memory on 4 x 400.
The 5 x 400 last reel was quite short & the boxes it came in were plain cardboard but they had proper printed spine labels with blue text. The film was totally uncut but made from the same source material as the 4 x 400ft version. I think they must have cut it down in the end to fit it onto 4 x 400 reels which are very full right. I have never seen any other full length copies apart from the one i owned so it might have have been a one off. I am 99% sure i got it from classic home cinema, Phil might know if there are any more of these uncut copies out there.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2011 07:02 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee - A NOLD just popped up on Ebay at a good price. Here's a link in case you haven't seen it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Night-Living-Dead-1968-Super-8mm-feature-Romero-/270735576094?pt=US_Film&hash=item3f09190c1e

Also, the slightly cut 4 X400' Texas Chainsaw (also from Iver) is great as well - the couple minutes cut out are barely missed and it comes up for sale more often. The 5 X 400' reel may have been a rental print only if I remember correctly, so they are much scarcer.

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2011 07:56 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Brian,

Yes i saw the NOTLD, i'm keeping an eye on that.

Do you know if Tobe Hooper's Starlight Slaughter or his remake of Invaders From Mars ever appeared on 8mm in the USA. Been looking out for a copy of Sam Raimi's Evil Dead as well, was this film ever made available?

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2011 09:40 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee, thanks for that info. I don't think any of the three films you asked about were ever released on super 8mm in the U.S.A. Starlight Slaughter I assume is a.k.a. Eaten Alive. It was re-released in a 2 disc special edition DVD not too long ago. Very nice transfer with a lot of extras. By the way, the TCM missing footage could easily fit on the 4X400' version. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 15, 2011 10:35 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy oh Boy Lee,

It's going to be a hard search for "Plan 9". I've only seen one on ebay in the over ten years I've watched it.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC