8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » PERRY'S MOVIES JUNE FEATURE FILM LIST (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: PERRY'S MOVIES JUNE FEATURE FILM LIST
Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 07, 2011 05:52 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, when you get a chance could you please answer Ralf's important question about the number of reels of certain titles? My print of 7th Voyage is 5x400 as opposed to the 4x400 listed. The same with Aliens (mine is 5x600 as opposed to 5x400). Thanks.

Doug

[ June 08, 2011, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2011 04:30 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lee, the Lambretta scene in Bristol became, for me, too exclusive. I always thought the scene was about riding scoots and lkoving the music. Hence I stuck with Vespa PX200's. Love the idea of a small projector and screen built in, how about subtle surround sound speakers in the side cowls (breasts or blisters, so many descriptions of the side panels, opps there I go again)
Glad to see that there is a strong symbiosis with super 8 and scooters, guess its because its all from the 1960's...yeah baby!
Cheers and safe riding to you, watch those slippery roads after the light rain showers we have been getting.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 08, 2011 06:34 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Know of one or two cine film makers who are classic scooter riders Mark and was pleased to meet young John Almond filming away a few months back.  -
I helped a 9.5mm film maker with a flick last year with some shots taken on my scoot but a little tricky holding a lumpy Prince camera in the left hand, then putting it in the glove box when changing gear. He got the shots he wanted by my nerves were a bit frayed after that little lot. Hoping to make Brighton again this year so I can run off some of this B&W Standard 8 and if I choose the shots well enough it should look rather nice.
OOPS OFF TOPIC sorry.

Now then this Perrys list. [Cool] It will be interesting to hear who the lucky film collectors will be with these nice titles from Perrys.

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2011 03:14 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My 10p's worth.

The powers that be need to make the rules and stick by the rules they make. If they don't wan't people running dutch auctions then just say no and enforce it.

But if there is no actual rule then Ian can do what he likes with regards too getting the best prices possible. With a list like that i think most people would have probably done the same thing.

I'm totally happy about it all said and done because i got 4 films that i needed off of that list

[Razz]

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 12:23 AM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have the decisions been made on the sale of the prints on this list?

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 12:52 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THANK YOU IAN, I'm happy you are very fair and the guy you sale for. And I got the film I was years waiting for. Everybody should just make an offer of what you think the film is worth to you and its collectable nature. And just ask questions about your film. Good Luck everyone! See you at the movies!

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 01:36 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If films are put up with no prices, then anyone is entitled to make any bid they see fit. Making a very low bid eg $20.00 for a title is fine in my opinion. Who knows the seller may just wish to get rid of them for any price.

On the other hand if a title is posted with a price of say $200, then you know what they are expecting for the print and can either pay the price of haggle a little it down a little.

I always buy my films with a view to resell them if I don't like the title; some I profit from others I don't. Regardless, it enables me to put money into another film I'd like to buy. I have never seen anything wrong with this.

I must admit I have never tried to bargain down a listed dealer price on a film; I pay the price. If it's on ebay then it's all about the bidding as that is how auctions work.

I would buy more films from dealers (other than Derann) if they stated whether they had fade or not.

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 02:31 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi,

congratulations for your film. I think it was "Forbidden Planet". [Big Grin]

I' ve also placed an offer to this film, but I have no feedback from Ian, so I think your offer was higher.

The same is for a second title, but also no feedback, so I' m lost. [Frown]

But I think I will have another chance.

Ralf

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 03:37 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert. Code of conduct, yes I agree but...the 8mm hobby is based on sales between predominently collectors, so unlike a shop that relies on fixed prices, our film prices are based on desirability, rareness, condition et al. So as far as I'm concerned tehre are several ways to sell a film, sell at what the hobby recommends based on previous prices reached for certain title films etc, or at auction with no reserve and see where it goes or simply ask for offers, which possibly is a gamble for the buyer and seller but...in our community we all mostly have an idea of what a film is worth, ie at present on Ebay someone is trying to sell a 200' b/w sil print of the Deadly Mantis for £82!!! We know its not worth more than maybe £3.00. But if a copy of Star Wars full length on super 8 in scope came up for sale on Ebay with a buy it now of £25 we'd all scrambble to buy it. So if some one wants to ask for offers within a ciommunity of knowledgeable collectors it goes with out saying that 1. Stupid offers will be rejected by the seller and 2. Reflective offers may see the buyer get the films.
Code of Conduct should not dismiss the various ways of trading BUT...in can include the rejection of unsavoury subject matters such as the Swedish film you mention. To maintain this hobby we need continual trade between collectors/film companies, to start restricting methods of selling will result in this hobby losing its dynamic engagement, which alone has been reflected in this very debate. Cheers to all

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 09, 2011 03:48 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding feedback from Ian, don't forget that his first post stated that we had a week to submit offers, which means today is the last day to do so. So no one will find out that they have been successful before tomorrow.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 12:11 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,

Me too. I've lost everything. [Frown]

Can anybody tell who win?

JC.

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 12:50 PM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Christophe,

for what films do you bid???

I've got feedback from Ian and one title is available. So I have a little luck. [Razz]

Ralf

--------------------

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 02:14 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ralph,

I've bid on:
Aliens.
The Boutny.
Scars of dracula.

Best,

JC.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 09, 2011 05:57 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark L Barton, what you are saying does work for longtime collectors.

But we know that not all people who love super 8mm are long time collectors and indeed we are happy to see new collectors joining this forum.

I still think that we need the said code of conduct to put the price on every film list, so no matter new or old collectors they can measure what they are going to do with the list, either to buy, make a lower offer or pass the offer.

This will make the transaction is gone quicker, and there is no any dissapointment from people (like what we have now) who do not receive any reply whether those films are sold or Ian does not like with the offer.

Sellers who do not respon to the emails asking about his/her film is so confusing for me. Sometimes this creates a feeling that this seller is very picky in asnwering someone's emails.

--------------------
Winbert

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 07:53 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully Ian will update the list as to which ones are sold, or all are. That way, we won't have to keep wondering.

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2011 02:43 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Christophe,

sorry for you, that you dont get one of your films. [Frown]

I have placed a bid for Robocop 2 and Forbidden Planet.

The bidding for Forbidden Planet I loose, I think our friend Laksmi Breathwaite win and get the print.

@Greg and Ian

Yes it will be nice to know which films are not sold, so perhaps other people can make an offer if they are interested in the titels.

Ralf

--------------------

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2011 03:33 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert, yes I do see your point...at the end of the day slaes occur via many methods including swaps, which I feel might be a good idea here on the forum, ie one collector wants to swap his/her super 8 feature and is looking for a certain 16mm film for example, as long as itsfilm related that might be interesting.

Yes I agree that newer members need to have some form of price overview and in all honesty I think with the imminent release of JJ Abrams SUPER 8 movie interest in the hobby (and possibly prices of equipment) will soar. All the best to you, of interest I have family in Missisauga, Ont. Cheers

Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2011 02:32 PM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not quite a Vespa....

http://www.guerilladrivein.com/

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2011 09:36 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your offers, I have been overwhelmed with e-mails / offers.
For those who have received offer accepted your films will be dispatched upon payment.
For those who did not receive an e-mail saying accepted thanks for making an offer.
Lets hope now I can put this to bed once and for all, never to be repeated by me again.

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2011 11:45 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, thank you for letting us know. I'm sorry that others on here have nothing better to do.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 14, 2011 03:40 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm sorry that others on here have nothing better to do.
That's a little unnecessary, isn't it?

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2011 06:00 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think a big thank you to Ian, a guy who not only sells quality films but also ready to assist other collectors.

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2011 08:46 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian is simply an innocent 3rd party doing a friend a favor. I like to have prices up front, but I'd rather chance auctions with friends in the forum than on Ebay where I don't know who's selling the item(s) in question. Submit Ian an e-mail inquiring about the condition of the title(s) you're interested in and then submit an offer. It's not my preferred method of buying here on the forum, but I wouldn't want to think Ian is slapping his hand to his forehead after reading all these posts and exclaiming to himself "...Never again - it's not worth all this aggravation." I see everyone's point of view on this and neither agree nor disagree. I just don't like to see nice people like yourselves disagree over something that truly is a no harm/no foul scenario.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 14, 2011 09:12 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to the new owners of some spectacular films.
As Ian said, time to put this one to bed.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC