8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » TENNESSEE'S PARTNER

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TENNESSEE'S PARTNER
Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2011 07:56 PM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gang, just sat down to watch a Niles print of TENNESSEE'S PARTNER, in order to sell it, and I'm havin a good time. And Ronald Reagan hasn't even showed up yet.
See, I'm a film buff, and have spent a fair amount of time studying the great cinematographers...and this one is shot by John Alton! One of the best. It has made such a difference in some of the opening scenes...the camera pans gently, low angle, across the gambling table to reveal John Payne. Oooh the lighting! Looks like one of Alton's noirs.
Okay, not trying to put the hard sell on yinz, especially since the color is goofy...not red by any stretch, but shifted, looks contrasty...
But very very viewable. Again, when the camera rests on the back of Rhonda Fleming in that tub, and she sticks a leg up...wow.
I'm thinking $40 for it.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC