8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » looking for pink panther

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: looking for pink panther
Ilias Sifakis
Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2011 03:22 PM      Profile for Ilias Sifakis   Email Ilias Sifakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello fellows,

i'd like to get my hands on some pink panther cartoons.
I need them to be in colour and with sound, super 8 film.
Let me know if you have any at a decent price... [Big Grin]

thanks

|  IP: Logged

Mikael Barnard
Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2011 04:32 PM      Profile for Mikael Barnard   Email Mikael Barnard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck. I collect them myself. As far as I can tell Walton released 8 of them on Super8, four that are fairly easy to get hold of which I have and four that are somewhat harder to come by. Worth every penny when you do find them though! :-)

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2011 11:54 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I collect them too and Inspectors.

Ilias Sifakis
Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2011 03:15 AM      Profile for Ilias Sifakis   Email Ilias Sifakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks guys, a friend has one (i think its from avo). Its the one at the construction site....We watched it a couple of weeks ago...and I can say it is by far one of the best cartoons i've watched on super 8...

I hope i'll find at least a couple here [Big Grin]

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2011 07:42 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...look up on eBay Ilia-they often turn up [Wink]

--------------------
Yannis

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 10, 2011 10:05 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are some of the funniest cartoons ever and the colors are still vibrant. My two favorites:

-  -

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2011 04:49 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have "In the Pink of the Night" but I've never seen the original box. Thanks Doug for posting the pics! Mine still has great color too.

Mikael Barnard
Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2011 11:57 AM      Profile for Mikael Barnard   Email Mikael Barnard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You lucky fellow Doug, they're two of the rare ones!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 11, 2011 01:40 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mikael ...

Do you happen to know if they ever released any of the Pink Panther cartoon in thier original scope?

Also, did they release three of my favorites, one of which I believe was entitled "Prehistoric Pink", and the other, which title I cannot recall, had the Pink Panther trying to do nothing but ride an obnoxious horse (who only gives the Panther a "horse laugh"). The third was actually the first one of the series, "The Pink Phink".

I think both of those were early in the series.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mikael Barnard
Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2011 04:36 PM      Profile for Mikael Barnard   Email Mikael Barnard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi. I'm afraid I don't know. I saw an advert for the 8 Walton ones in an old cine mag and can't remember which one now. I've never come across Super8 Pink Panthers other than those released by Walton. None of the four I have are 'scope so I presume the rest of the Walton ones aren't either.

The good news is the one with the obstinate horse is indeed one of the Walton releases on Super 8, 'Pink Valiant' and you're right it is absolutely hilarious. In fact you've just made me very happy because I've checked my list and realised I have five of the cartoons rather than four! The other four I have are 'Rock-A-Bye Pinky', 'Congratulations, It's Pink', 'Pink Blue Plate' and 'Pink Tail Fly'. Doug has listed two of the rarer ones so that just leaves the one other Walton release I can't remember.

There are of course quite a number on 16mm but they tend to command a good price and hardly ever show up on my side of the pond. By the time one adds shipping it starts to get beyond my means. :-(

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 12, 2011 01:48 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm pretty sure that on 16MM (and of course, 35Mm) you will find the scope versions, which were originally used theatrcially.

The 16MM? Probably faded by now (unless IB Tech, which I doubt for animated shorts), but there would be a good chance of a 35MM scope Pink Panther print out there!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2011 03:06 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hy everyone,

I love too the pink panther cartoon.

I have a couple of Pink Panther in 16mm but I've never seen any in scope. However the colors are very good.

Osi, FILM OFFICE has release a lot of pink panther: 40 or 42!!!

And the first one too. In frensh it's "La vie en rose"; litteraly" The live in pink".

And the Prehistoric too. In frensh it's: "Pinky dans la préhistoire". Litteraly: Pinky in the prehistoric time".

All titels are in english, but "the end" is in frensh and with the Film Office "the end" logo.

I have 25 Pinky in super 8 and 7 in 16mm in my collection. And my 2 beautiful children love that, and especially "Pinky a l'Hôpital", litteraly "Pinky at the hospital"; the Pink Pill.

Thake a look at "ebay.fr".

Best regards,

JC.

[ July 13, 2011, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Christophe Deblock ]

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2011 03:28 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi! guys,i do love pink panther cartoons,i collected them too,
i got about 12 films incluing those titles like jean has and they are all from film office they still have good color, and i hope they kepp it for long with out get fade...

regards to all

luis caramelo

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC