8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » looking for a not so good-bad print of king kong

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: looking for a not so good-bad print of king kong
Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2011 08:15 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a $55 budget

|  IP: Logged

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2011 07:26 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...your budget is different in each post.

Guys,

How long are we going to let "Austin Holcomb" pull our legs?

Austin,

The jig is up. Time to take off your mask so we can all get a good laugh.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2011 07:41 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i dont see what the big deal is im just a kid trying to learn a little bit

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2011 09:24 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin,

If you are trying to learn, then your past posts plus reading here should tell you that good prints cost good money.

Telling us you have $55 does little as it would be an absurdly low price for the premium titles you ask about, especially in this day and age with no new prints available, and if you want something that is even remotely watchable.

I don't want to doubt your enthusiasm, but your posts are not only repetitive but indicate you are not gaining knowledge from this site regarding the reality of collecting, no matter your financical situation.

Please wake up to the fact in 8mm that if you want good-quality prints of features, they cost a fair amount.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2011 09:36 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you claus i understand this and i get it now [Smile] sorry for any inconveince

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2011 09:40 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No worries, just keep in mind the market is what it is with these films, that's all. Features command a premium.
Don't be afraid to post, just re-adjust your expectations [Smile]

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2011 09:46 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks [Smile]

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2011 05:39 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
well i dont see what the big deal is im just a kid trying to learn a little bit
Right. I think you're an adult with lots of experience in film collecting trying to put one over on us.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2011 05:56 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i swear im not im just a kid who link older toys games and hobbies if you dont belie me than thats your opnion

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2011 05:52 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i swear im not im just a kid who link older toys games and hobbies if you dont belie me than thats your opnion
So now we get the psuedo-typos to make it look like you're really a kid. But I think most kids can spell and type better than that.
Nice try.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2011 07:45 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im not trying to write a novel here so im not gonna re read what i wrote

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted July 21, 2011 01:09 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an interesting link:

http://members6.boardhost.com/PGCAglassclub/msg/1308802683.html

Looks and sounds familiar...

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2011 01:33 AM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats me [Smile]

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2011 03:23 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dont know what everyone has aginst me but i am sorry

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 21, 2011 03:56 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know a lot of guys roughly Austin's age and he reminds me of many of them. I am on the "benefit" side of the benefit of the doubt here.

Austin,

Please do yourself a favor: write in complete sentences, capitalize appropriately and spell check. It may seem kind of anal to somebody your age, but there's a big world out there that judges who people are by how they express themselves. There are a ton of things I am not good at, but being able to write a clear sentence has taken me far.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2011 06:05 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please everyone, stop being so naive.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2011 06:06 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i will start i just wish not to be called a troll

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 21, 2011 06:19 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How often do we complain about all the gray hair around here, but how do we react the first time somebody young shows up?

You can call me "naive" if you like Tony, although I prefer "optimistic".

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2011 08:21 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin reminds me of 'me' when I was his age. Very enthusiastic and willing to learn as much as he could about this hobby. I was really into stop-motion, still am, I would shoot GI Joe's, the 10 inch tall ones, and animate them all day long as my hobby. And when there was a Ray Harryhausen movie on TV, I would shoot the stop motion scenes with my camera. This was late 60's way before video. I still have those films and no matter how they looked I loved watching them when I was a teen. I remember even shooting Valley of Gwangi with sound, although I don't remember what happened to that one.

I try to keep a look out for KK.

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2011 08:26 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you got a link for those videos id love to see them [Smile]
austin

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 21, 2011 08:31 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's great to have a young kid interested in this hobby. If he's on here he isn't doing anything he shouldn't be. I agree he is very entusiastic but weren't we all at his age. We had tons of questions about things. I just hope my spelling is correct so I don't get called out! He has a lot of questions and changes his mind on a moments notice. I remember doing the same thing at 13. Matter of fact, I'm 64 and I still do it!

And, I might add..he has very good manners!

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2011 08:39 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. [Smile]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 22, 2011 12:18 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With all due respect, Tony why you are so harsh in this matter?

Don't you ever pass the kid's period, where everything looks interesting?

For those who are curios why Austin wrote in very short sentence and using not-so-common abbreviation, this is what I understand as today's texting style.

Look to our kids/nephews/grandson when they are texting with their cellphone. Sometime we cannot understand what they are writing.

Tony, there is a google where you can trace who is Austin and I did it (like Alan did above) and I could find that beside films, Austin also loves to collect games (SNES, Sega, etc). I found it in several forums.

This is consistent with what he has expressed in this forum, plus also his 13 yo age. I can PM you the link if you need it.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2011 12:56 AM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC