8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Indiana Jones and the last crusade (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the last crusade
Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2011 02:08 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for it, CHC release.

Thanks
F.

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2011 04:32 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this can still be ordered new from CHC.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 12, 2011 05:25 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And it's a beauty of a print!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2011 07:22 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Graham!

I think it could quiet expensive buying as new...

A good second-hand copy would satisfy me completely! [Wink]

Anyway I take the opportunity of your reply (thanks to Doug too!) to clarify a doubt I have:

as far as I knew CHC releases are only on acetate, but a friend of mine has a German copy of this film (and The Mask of Zorro too, which is another film I locking for...) in polyestar.
Are these copies from CHC or different versions of these two films exist from CHC itself?

Thanks
Flavio

PS Any idea of the cost of a brand new copy from CHC as you suggested?

[ September 13, 2011, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Flavio Stabile ]

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2011 05:42 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio, Phil told me that new features are now £500 GBP upwards depending on the length. Yes quite expensive. Yes all CHC releases are on Acetate.

I only mentioned that is because you could be waiting for a very long time to find a secondhand copy come up for sale. Good luck.

Graham S

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2011 06:31 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Graham!

Sure... another problem is to find the buyer for the second copy that should be printed... I will continue my search for a second hand copy, if possible!

Furthemore, still curious to know the origin of the polyestar copies if not from CHC....

Flavio

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2011 03:17 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just found this, but without stripe...

Indiana Jones on EBAY

...just wondering if I can have it striped and what could be the cost...

Any idea or suggestion?

Thanks
F.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2011 06:21 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All CHC releases can be supplied both on acetate or polyester, at the moment.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 12:34 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gian!

I meant indeed this: if I buy the mute copy on ebay, is it possible then have it striped by some service? Any idea about the cost of this operation, if possible?

Thanks
Flavio

[ November 10, 2011, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Flavio Stabile ]

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 06:57 AM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann were the only company that could stripe polyester prints successfully as far as i am aware. their striping machine is no more though, i think it sat with the paste inside the machine for a long period and got blocked up. I tried to contact them to see if they still had the machine along with their sound recorders, i wanted to buy them and get them up and running again but they never replied. So it's probably all gone down to the rubbish tip by now [Frown]
Seems like another suitable machine has been found in italy though according to CHC's new newsletter so we may start to see striped polyester prints again in the future. I think CHC realise this is what needs to happen as the acetate prints are going to be harder to shift than the polyester prints for sure.

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 09:13 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just talked to Steve Osbourne. He seems to think it would cost well over $150 to restripe. Thats if anyone is even able to do it. Unless you intend running a dvd in sync, its not worth the money. That is of coarse if you really, really, really, really want it lol.

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 12:48 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it has to be done with a special oxide paste. Only Derann had the formula & machine to do this, normal sound stripe won't stay stuck to polyester. Fuji in Japan can also sound stripe polyester but only at the processing stage.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 01:03 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just found this discussion that answered all my questions

Sound striping topic

Meanwhile the seller has raised the price...

F.

[ September 30, 2011, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Flavio Stabile ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 30, 2011 01:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is still a firm in the UK that sound stripes films. I don't know if they can handle this, however. They are "EVT" (I believe that's part of the name or thee name) and they provide this service ...

However, of course, you have to pay for shipping it backj and forth and it will run up the price of buying that non-striped print. I would just suggest doing a sync from the DVD audio. Much cheaper.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2011 01:41 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you run a dvd in sync with a print?

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2011 04:34 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam,

The principle is outlined in this link...

http://www.super8sync.com/super8sync/Elmo_Synchronizers_P1008GS.html

Pedro has produced quite a few Sync-pulse generating units to deal with the sync pulse driving of, in particular, the GS1200 (and other projectors) in tandem with DVD's of varying video formats.

I'm not sure if he is still selling units though so you may have to do some searching but this info should get you started.

One day you'll be able to enjoy that print of Return of the Jedi with 5.1 audio [Wink]

Best,
Rick

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2011 04:50 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Meanwhile the seller has raised the price...
He's probably 2monitoring the interest" on this forum?

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2011 05:01 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that too, he's slapped another £40 on the price cos it was £250 recently! [Eek!]

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2011 07:40 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..which is now closer to price asked here

Same Indiana on Ebay

Anyway, the cost for striping (EVT service in the topics I mention) is quite high... so I continue to search for it.

Hi Keith! I had the same thoughts...

F.

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2011 05:00 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ November 10, 2011, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Ralf Hoff ]

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2011 05:27 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been listed on several eBay's several times and each time the price has dropped until the latest listing where it was at it's lowest then shot up again, no doubt after Forum monitoring! [Wink] A mute print without sound stripe is obviously going to be worth less to most than a version with a soundtrack, the latest price would be a good starter price for a version with a soundtrack.

[ November 10, 2011, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: Ricky Daniels ]

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2011 05:50 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you Ricky... I remember you offered here in the forum your copy and I missed to take it! [Frown]

Flavio

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2011 09:19 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ November 10, 2011, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Ralf Hoff ]

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2011 04:09 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's wierd, had it been dropped on eBay at that price, it might have sold!

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2011 02:17 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is indeed the same seller? How it is possible?
I can't believe the same person has dropped the price of such amount... and why not on Ebay?

F.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC