8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Indiana Jones and the last crusade (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the last crusade
Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2011 04:05 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ November 10, 2011, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Ralf Hoff ]

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2011 08:36 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
on mediavana for 170 Euro. Now this print is actually on ebay for 220
Selling on mediavana is free. However eBay takes 9% of the final offer, you'll have to pay for the photos*, for starting with a starting bid higher than 1 EUR, ... and when the buyer is using paypal (some more fees - 2% when I'm not mistaken), you'll end up getting only 170 EUR from the 220 EUR.

Jörg

*Okay, in this case it's only one small photo, so it should be free.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2011 10:41 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg, is this your print? [Wink]

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2011 05:25 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm "jpolzfuss" on eBay. But I just sold a Beaulieu 708el on eBay for a too low price and was pissed off by the large amount of fees getting collected by ebay and paypal...

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2011 02:14 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok!
Finally I decided to ask CHC for a brand new copy, polyestar with double magnetic stripe, even mute because I will re-record it...
I sent two emails... no answer so far (about a week... )!
Is this normal?

Thanks
F.

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2011 05:34 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Flavio,

I think there will be a problem with the polyestar stock. As I know we have in the moment no company who can stripe this stock.

Look at Adrians post in this forum:

"I've heard that the EVT gentleman has retired, so I suppose that means no more striping services in the UK."

And in germany the only company (Chris Filmtechnik) who can stripe polyestar prints (only with main stripe) cant do this longer, because the owner has died:

http://www.filmvorfuehrer.de/topic/12162-single-8-bespurung/

So I think the only way to get a print is on acetate.

By the way I have dealt with Classic also and there have been always communication problems. [Confused]

A good friend of me mailed a question to Classic about the availability of some films he wants to order for some weeks and no reaction/answer. [Frown]

Ralf

--------------------

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2011 04:57 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AFAIK EVT is still going and the son is now doing all the striping.

But I have also been informed that they can only paste stripe now because they have run out of laminate.

Graham S

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 08, 2011 09:12 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's good news if EVT are still going (although some people were trying to contact them recently without success), but there would be no guarantee that the German lab - if EVT were willing - would use their services to get polyestar prints striped. If everything had to be sent to England for striping, it would probably make prints even more expensive. I hope someone can find a solution (no pun intended) as it's crucial to the future of 8mm releases. I'm aware of a few people who are not inclined to order anything on the old acetate stock (which is becoming more and more yellowish) and maybe it's close to being used up. I expect the lab had to buy a very large quantity of the polyestar stock so it would be dreadful for them as well as us if they can't stripe it.

[ November 09, 2011, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2011 01:32 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

that are good news to know EVT is still in business an can stripe polyestar prints (hope with main and balance stripe). I have no problem with the paste stripe. Derann also used the paste and all films in my collection have a good sound.

So I think EVT is the last company who can do this.

Ralf

--------------------

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2011 02:20 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio,

send you an email.

Ralf

[ November 10, 2011, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Ralf Hoff ]

--------------------

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2011 09:52 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all,

sorry that I had to delete all my threads about the price of this print. The reason is that the seller did send an email with an appeal about my official comparison of prices.

I' m finding this very strange. [Confused]

Ralf

--------------------

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2011 12:06 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ralf,

I would like to thank you publicly for your availablity, suggestions and help! [Wink]

For All: my search for a second-hand copy is still valid... [Smile]

Flavio

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2011 12:31 PM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Flavio,

muchas gracias [Smile] .

Ralf

--------------------

Cine 8-16
www.celluloidfilm.de

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC