8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » STAR WARS Super 8 scope feature ... FOR SALE! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: STAR WARS Super 8 scope feature ... FOR SALE!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 15, 2011 12:24 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, I owe you an apology.

I never mentioned that I in fact have two features of this title. The reason why I never mentioned it is because I didn't want people hassling me with, "Hey, sell your extra, no fair having two!", and until I wanted to sell, I'd keep quiet.

Well, now it's time. This is that wonderful Derann feature. This is STEREO! (english sound, of course) It is on 2X1200ft reel, (One elmo "beaded 1200ft metal and one Taylor grey metal reel, both in pristine condition, I don't use 1200 ft reels, but I have had this sone sitting aside for a while on some extras I had sitting around). Once projected a few times and not a scratch to mention at all ...

However ...

There is one splice, about two minutes into reel 2 of this feature, but not a single frame missing. I was splicing something else, not watching what I was doing, had some of this one unreeled and bingo, I spliced that too. (Guess what kind of colorful metaphors I used that day!)

Color is, of course, lovely LPP without a shred of fade.

Price is 900.00 dollars, but your sure to get a print that is as near mint as you could possibly mind. This print has not went from collector to collector. Please note: mIf the buyer is overseas, I will insist on the best, fastest shipping with a butt load of insurance. I'm not taking any chanes with this disappearing in the mail!

Also, please note: I will give this a few days on here. After that, it will go on my wifes ebay site with 900.00 as the starting bid and 1000.00 for a buy it now option, and I'm fairly sure that It will no doubt sell.

Please e-mail me. First come, first serve, of course.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 17, 2011 12:28 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just listed it on ebay folks.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 17, 2011 01:14 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-Super-8-scope-stereo-feature-MINT-Condition-/320796469355?pt=US_Film&hash=item4ab0f5a86b#ht_500wt_1202

William Mouroukas
Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2011 03:56 PM      Profile for William Mouroukas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only yesterday, I was wondering what a print would go for and if they ever came up. Osi, I saw your original post only a few hours ago. This was before you eBayed it. Now that I'm getting back into the Super 8 swing, it’s taught me to keep an eye on the '8mm films for sale/trade/wanted thread'.
I thought by the time I was reading, it would have sold. Even so I knew I wasn't in a position (a lot of expenses at the moment) to contact you, but it's great you put it up on the forum first. All the best for the auction.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2011 04:47 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting to see those 3 screenshots from my own personal print, photographed and posted by myself in an entirely different thread, used to advertise your own ebay listing.

Nice.

Thanks.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 17, 2011 05:01 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Interesting to see those 3 screenshots from my own personal print, photographed and posted by myself in an entirely different thread, used to advertise your own ebay listing.

Nice.

Thanks.

What?
Are those screenshots from the print on auction, or not?

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2011 05:05 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. They are screenshots that I took from my own personal print.

They are posted in other threads on both this forum and Small Format Film Forum.

They were posted in good will and have been used on other Star Wars related Websites.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 17, 2011 05:07 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Osi, I guess you should state that in your description, my friend.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2011 05:18 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I see you've revised your post on the Small Format Film
Forum.

I will too.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2011 05:36 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is confusing. Below is the actual quote from the description on Ebay

The photo's are taken from this very DERANN release of this print! Note that the photo captures, while nice, do not show off how very sharp this print is.

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2011 05:48 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005948# 000000

http://www.savestarwars.com/starwarsonfilm.html

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2011 10:22 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So "taken from this very release" is not the same as "from this very print." Subtle.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 18, 2011 12:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob ...

I honestly didn't know those were yours personally. I probasbly would have known if I continued to scroll down on the "Save STAR WARS" site. I think it said that someone else had, but it didn't use the name.

However, the print I have on auction is flawless, (except for that one splice I mentioned to you folks) and those photo's definitely represent the image quality and condition of the print. Just for all of you folks knowledge, I did not get the screenshots from this forum, but the "Save STAR WARS" site and, unless he has a disclaimor on that site that states that the sceenshots cannot be used from his site, they are public domain in my opinion, nor do they mis-represent the print.

Nor is it "subtle", inferring that I am somehow trying to rip off people. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I do not have the ability to take screenshots, unfortunately, but attempting to rip off the public has never been my way of life and I and my wife do take that "slam" personally. It's inappropriate. Save that kind of stuff for the real thieves.

OSI

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 18, 2011 01:15 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Osi, but your description does lead potential buyers to think that the shots are from the print you're auctioning.
I don't think anyone is implying that you're trying to rip people off - just that in your own interest it might be better to reword your description.
-Mike

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 18, 2011 01:30 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to let folks know, my wife went back on ebay and revised the listing a little and even encourages folks to go to the "Save STAR WARS" website to see more shots.

I understand where your coming from Micheal, but I'll be damned if someone will impugn our integrity.

--------------------

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2011 03:50 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My integrity is offended by being referred to as a "postal ape" [Mad]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 19, 2011 12:32 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I refer to the workers who take no care with what they handle, and I've seen too many video's over the years of the "care" some postal workers use, in fact the "samsonite gorilla" was more kind with the luggage, (anybody remember those commercials?)

I'm sure that your top notch, Joe. [Smile]

--------------------

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2011 03:04 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, indeed there is nothing to stop anyone from using those screenshots for their own use (although what Lucasfilm might think is something else, but we're all guilty parties there!)

However, they were requested in the original thread for use on a specific website and subsequently used on the Saving Star Wars website with this introduction;

"Below are thirteen rare photographs of a Derann print being projected. These were posted, at the request of Adrian Winchester on my behalf, by an owner on an 8mm message board. They are just low-quality photographs of a screen, but I think the sharpness and vibrancy still is apparent:"

I personally think that is a little different from using them to adverstise a print for sale, especially with the wording of the original ebay description, which I do think suggested that the images were from the print on sale.

However, you say that wasn't your intention and I have no reason to doubt you.

To me, the original description and use of the screenshots just looked a bit, well, cheeky! Nothing more, nothing less. Hence my rather "cheeky" reply on the Small Format Film Forum. That's the extent of it and I'm not suggesting anything else.

Hope you can appreciate to some extent where I'm coming from...?

Anyway, the description is changed so let's not fall out over it. Let's leave it now..

Genuine best wishes for a successful sale of your print.

Rob.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 21, 2011 12:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do understand where your coming from.

At any rate, I'm sure that it will sell. When, you never know. An amazing amount of peoploe are actually watching it, (and over 300 have actually just checked out the auction), but rfor all you know, all the people that are watching it, could just be fellow forum members who just want to see if it will sell and how much it will make.

... but when it sells, it will be very much appreciated. 900.00 alone covers our living expenses for three whole months so yes, it will be well appreciated.

--------------------

William Mouroukas
Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2011 03:24 PM      Profile for William Mouroukas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Osi. Sold at US$1,000.
I would be interested to know what this sold for new from Derran.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 23, 2011 01:28 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forget what the actual price was back then, but it was a good number of months to save up for it.

Yes, the most unique Ebay sale yet. I recieved a question saying that a fellow around the Idaho Falls area of Idaho was very interested and would be passing thorugh town and asked if he could visually see the print ...

Always eager to run a print, I said yes and he came over, I screened about five minutes of reel one. he was quite pleased, got on his cell phone qand did the "buy it now" option and paid me a thousand cash! (yes, I made sure the bills were real! You always have to be careful, he was legit!).

Although I will still have the average ebay bite in the future here, I actually ended up with a little more money than usual out of this, though I will be curious as to how much of a bite ebay will take on a thousand dollars.

Sheesh, too bad I couldn't had this extra cash a couple of months ago for that Cine-convention!

--------------------

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2011 01:49 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Osi,

Congrats on the sale! eBay will take nearly 10% so, it will still be about $900+ dollars for you and family.

Here is another nice, rare print that went for a lot more recently however, on 16mm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16mm-Film-SONG-SOUTH-DISNEY-RARE-IB-TECHNICOLOR-/270825728821?pt=US_Film&hash=item3f0e78ab35

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 23, 2011 01:53 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice sale, Osi. I gotta say though, if I was actually there and in a position to see the print projected I would want to see a bit more than 5mins of one reel for $1k.
[Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 23, 2011 02:01 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I don't have a 1200ft reel capacity (and this had merely been in storage on 1200ft reels since I already have my first day print on 4X600ft), I had him hold the 1200ft reel above my Eumig 926 stereo on a thick ink marker, while I held the scope lense in front of the camera (he came early, had little time and I needed to improvise), his arms started to get tired after about five minutes, otherwise we would have went longer, but he certainly was able to see the quality.

I'm sad to actually see that print go, but the thousand takes some of the sting away and it was my extra print. The "keeper" is that first day print, in mono but the balance stripe is the commentary's from the DVD, so that was my print to keep.

By the way, we may now have another future super 8 collector! This is a fellow who simply collects STAR WARS and so he wanted to actually have a celluloid copy of his cherished film ...

who can blame him?

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 23, 2011 04:07 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So will the buyer now need to buy a projector and scope lens if he wants to run it at home? If he becomes hooked, that will be good news for sellers of other Star Wars items on 8mm!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC