8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: It Came From Outer Space or The Creature from the Black Lagoon (3-D)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: It Came From Outer Space or The Creature from the Black Lagoon (3-D)
Chris Punzi
Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2011 02:33 PM      Profile for Chris Punzi   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Punzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks, I'm looking for a 400' Super 8mm digest of It Came From Outer Space or The Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3-D. Let me know what you want for either one. Thanks!

E-mail: lamborghini7589@yahoo.com

--------------------
-Chris

|  IP: Logged

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2011 05:26 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They pop up on Ebay once in awhile but most are now faded and have lost their effect. If lucky enough you can get a later SP print which still holds most of it's color and hasn't gone red. I've seen Derann's print of Creature and wasn't impressed with the 3D effect.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 20, 2011 05:29 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Larry. The 3-d effects were aweful. I got a headache trying to watch them. I had "Creature" It " and DR-X. I sold them all cheap just to get rid of them.

PatD

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2011 06:21 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, don't be discouraged by the previous posts. There ARE good duo-color prints out there; at least of "Creature From The Lagoon". I have one (not for sale), it's a U8, and the effects are fine (using green/red anaglyphic glasses). [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2011 07:26 PM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got It Came from Outerspace but I haven't been able to watch it because of my projector not working correctly.

Chris Punzi
Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2011 09:18 PM      Profile for Chris Punzi   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Punzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought "Creature" from Gerald Santana. It doesn't come with glasses though, so thanks for the tip on getting the red/green ones (definitely NOT the magenta-green ones, right?). Hopefully the effects are all intact on the print. It just seems so cool that they actually made "3D" films... I don't know but even if the effects are so-so it's gonna be a great piece to show off when I have people over.

If anybody is willing to part with "It Came From Outer Space" I am still interested in that film as well.

--------------------
-Chris

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2011 01:46 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris....I have some glasses ..lot s of them..from the Universal releases. I can tell you that the 400ft UA print , even after all these years , has some impressive effects....underwater..with bubbles floating up in front..deep focus from the bottom up to where woman is swimming. I bought the Derann new print , thinking it would be better..but it seemed to be only a dupe of one of the UA 16 prints. Terrible.
If the Creature print has held any color, you should see some nice effects.. emailme

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 23, 2011 09:10 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris

It Came From Outer Space is on ebay. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-8mm-film-CAME-OUTER-SPACE-/170735311391?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_OtherFormats_GL&hash=item27c09e1a1f

PatD

Chris Punzi
Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2011 08:16 AM      Profile for Chris Punzi   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Punzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary- I have emailed you, let me know if for some reason you didn't get it.

Pat- We'll see about that auction, the shipping options are not for international postage, so he might not ship it to me. Good eye though, thanks!

--------------------
-Chris

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 26, 2011 10:59 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris,

It was really thrilling to get these when they were first released. Aside from being an excellent cutdown (one of the best), Creature's depth effects work very nicely on the home screen.

-

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 26, 2011 12:18 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Though the underwater scenes in "Lagoon" are OK, I prefer the "Outer Space" release, as some shots are just wonderful. I did a review of it, I believe.

For instance, there is one shot during the avalance (early in the reel) where one of the falling rocks really does seem like going to hit you.

By the way, best way to view these is if you can get those red and GREEN glasses, not the red and blue. better results with the red and green.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Chris Punzi
Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2011 10:14 PM      Profile for Chris Punzi   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Punzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I watched "Creature" with the 3D glasses I just got in the mail. They were advertised as red and green, but the red looks more like magenta. Anywho, me and my friend watched it, and even on the small screen (40x30), the 3D was pretty decent. The couple scenes where the harpoon comes out towards you got me pretty good, I jumped haha. However on some parts of the film the double lines around objects are visible even with the glasses on. When I've got the glasses off I can see the two colors, but I'm thinking that one or both might be fading. Either that, or the magenta in the glasses I have just isn't right, and I need real red. So I've ordered more glasses from another source and hopefully they'll yield more impressive results. It's still very cool at any rate! Feel free to share any opinions on why I'm seeing a double line with the glasses on.

--------------------
-Chris

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2011 01:27 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Chris,

I'm glad the print worked out for you, let us know how the other glasses differ from the magenta -- I always wondered.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Chris Punzi
Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2011 08:39 PM      Profile for Chris Punzi   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Punzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got my true red and green glasses... Stunning 3D!! there's one or two scenes where I noticed some double line, but that was only a couple seconds each time. I knew those magenta lenses were the culprit (Also possibly my 30x40 screen?). If you want true red and green, you've got to go to: http://www.berezin.com/3d/3dglasses.htm they even threw in an extra pair of glasses! The first ones I bought from Ebay, and the seller claimed they were red, they looked red in the auction, but they are actually magenta. Thanks again for the film Gerald, it is quite excellent!

--------------------
-Chris

Chris Punzi
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2012 02:19 PM      Profile for Chris Punzi   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Punzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just purchased "It Came From Outer Space" on Ebay and received it yesterday! I love the film, the effects really do work in a couple scenes (mainly with the rocks and when doors open towards you, etc). Seems like they just did an okay job of cutting down the story, but overall not too bad. Very happy and just wanted to say I am no longer looking for a copy of this film.

I've showed both "creature" and "it came" to my friends here at virginia tech and they all thought the films were awesome.

--------------------
-Chris

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2012 02:23 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris,

I've bought both of the films you're searching for on ebay.com.

Here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/jeancblock/m.html?hash=item1c2335855f&item=120849794399&pt=US_Film&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Hurry up, it finish in a couple of hours.

Best regarfds,

JC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC