8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Life and Times of GRizzly Adams optical super 8 feature: wanted!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Life and Times of GRizzly Adams optical super 8 feature: wanted!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 28, 2011 01:23 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have this feature?

This would make my Christ quite merry and bright!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 28, 2011 01:42 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi....

I would hope the Lord has all the prints he needs already!

[Wink]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 28, 2011 05:22 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amen Steve!
[Wink]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 29, 2011 01:49 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OOPS!

That's "Christmas"!

I must do a better job of editing me-self!

Still, anybody have it?

--------------------

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2011 12:17 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi-You may want to think about picking up a 16mm projector. This looks gorgeous:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16mm-film-LPP-NETWORK-GRIZZLY-ADAMS-w-commercials-MINT-No-Reserve-RARE-/150716630618?pt=US_Film&hash=item231769465a

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 09, 2011 01:03 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a gorgeous print, but I am only interested in the original motion picture released to theaters.

I know that there must be some folks out there with this film in thier collection. Personally, I would love to find a copy of this on old technicolor cartridges or something like that. It appears that the stock used for this particular print was the quicker fade eastman of the early to mid 70's, but I'm betting that there is no doubt a person who has one in thier basement which has been well stored (by accident) and may well have great color.

However, this print is not to be judged by the color of the "SUNN Classics" logo, as I have noted that the logohas worse color (much more red) than the film that follows it.

That sometimes happens. For instance, I have an optical print of "Tender Mercies". The feature itself has spot on color, but the "Universal" logo at the beginning is quite reddish in the blacks.

--------------------

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2011 01:49 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello osi there is a print for sale on ebay uk with some other
films item no 260915333200 says grizzly adams on box.
if you put item no in ebay search it will find film---tom

--------------------
t.smith

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 13, 2011 02:27 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go for it, Osi!

Could be a long time before you see another one.

--------------------

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2011 07:25 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SOLD !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260915333200?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D260915333200%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Catego ries%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 14, 2011 01:00 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and unfortunately, it wasn't me. I think I tipped off to someone on either this or the other forum (which I moderate on) that I was seeking someone to help me purchase this ...

It was only while I was on my way home, that I realized, "Wait a minute! I could have bought that with my "Bill Me Later" account!, but by the time I got home, someone had bought it.
I therefore missed it by minutes! If I had remembered that Bill me Later account. I would have got it.

However, the seller didn't reply to my repeated requests as to the color on the print, so it might well be faded to hell and if so, I'm certainly happy I didn't bid on it.

However, if the person who won it is a member of this forum (or the other one "small film format Forum"), please report back to us, (or just shoot me an e-mail) so that I can find out if it does in fact have decent color, as, at least i would know for a fact that a good color copy does exist.

A reel shame, as I have been wanting that Grizzly Adams for now almost three years. Always a bridesmaid and never the bride! It truly is the last print that I am actively seeking. Once that one is found, I will be done collecting. Well, if something pops up, I might be tempted to buy, but this was the last print I have been hell bent (so to speak) to find.

I'll run into one sooner or later, I'm sure!

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 14, 2011 02:03 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Once that one is found, I will be done collecting"

Osi, that's basically the "last potato chip" promise.

-usually followed by the 'Well, one more will be OK"...amendment.

I'm sorry you didn't get the film, I know you've wanted it a long time.

It's possible it's not what the buyer really wanted from that bunch: maybe they'll split the lot and try to sell it. Personally I'd have to: I have no optical sound machines.

(Stay tuned!)

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2011 05:07 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And who knows, Osi, maybe there's Grizzly in one of the six BIG boxes of films I got coming ;-)

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 15, 2011 01:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good heavens, what a great big bunch O film! That would be nice to find another copy in there! (fingers crossed ahead of time)

By the way, I'd like to thank all the people who sent me e-mails letting me know about the Grizzly up on ebay. The number was well over thirty people! It shows how many people knew about my "lust" for this film. I'm surprised that the seller on ebay didn't know about my desire. It must be someone who was out of the "loop", as I would have paid him handsomely for that print, and if he is reading this now, kick yourself in the arse as you would have made much more money than you did make, (heh heh).

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC