8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » "THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD"
Robert Babun
Junior

- posted February 05, 2012 12:57 AM      Profile for Robert Babun   Email Robert Babun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for a RED FOX printing of "The Adventures of Robin Hood".
Must be like new, with the original Red Fox box, with all head and tail leaders in place and no splices.
Ideally you purchased this new all those years ago, kept it on the original 400' reels and watched it once or twice.

Red Fox released a lot of MGM/UA titles before Derann took over the contract and moved the negatives to the UK. I am after an original Red Fox USA printing!

If you have other similar Red Fox titles please let me know what you have.
I would be interetsed in:
"Red Dust"
"San Francisco"
"Band Wagon"
"Angels With Dirty Faces"

|  IP: Logged

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2012 09:44 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi! robert,nice taste congratiolations,i do get my self a print of robin hood from red fox with stunning colors,i wish you luck
in your searche i hope you can find one...

regards:
luis caramelo

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2012 10:27 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, The Adventures of Robin Hood was RED FOX FILMS highest selling feature, so you do have a chance at acquiring one in mint condition. That is, if someone is willing to part with their print. Good luck finding one! [Smile]

[ February 07, 2012, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Joe Taffis ]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2012 02:27 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe-Did Ron finish cleaning out his super 8mm & 16mm stuff? He had Ebay ads for awhile. Now I don't see anymore.

That was a very interesting article you wrote.

Robert Babun
Junior

- posted February 06, 2012 11:14 AM      Profile for Robert Babun   Email Robert Babun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I purchased a copy new in 1984 directly for Red Fox.
Unfortunately it was sold in 1994 with my entire collection.
It was a perfect print with exceptional colours and sharpness.
I find the dvd a poor substitute despite projecting with a 3 chip high definition DLP projector.
I remember my screenings of the super 8 print with fond memories.
Probably screened my print 5 times. Kept it on the original 400' reels, it was flawless!

Thanks for the replies.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC