8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Star Wars F/L scope Derran Print For Sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars F/L scope Derran Print For Sale
Levi Freemantle
Junior

- posted April 05, 2012 01:04 PM      Profile for Levi Freemantle   Email Levi Freemantle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to everyone! My name's Levi. I have been a lurker on here for a couple of years, but have never needed to post until now. Anyway, i am moving country for warmer climes, and have a feature length Derran scope print of Star Wars which i can't take with me, so am offering it up for sale. It is printed on AG2S stock and has retained both detail and colour. I have personally only watched it a couple of times. The print itself is in very good condition, and is one of the later run prints. I am looking for £250 for the print, plus postage, may be open to offers. I will post internationally. Buyer is also welcome to collect. Paypal and cheque accepted.

Below i have posted two images from the print, although my camera has softened it- it looks a lot sharper when projected, but it is a good example of the colour of the print.

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Edward Handley
Junior

- posted April 06, 2012 12:12 PM      Profile for Edward Handley   Email Edward Handley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you say this print "is one of the later run prints" I assume you mean its struck from the second negative Derann used? According to the 'Saving Star Wars' website Derann used a pristine negative from France, as denoted by the leader before the beginning of the film, but presumably after this negative became too worn, as all prints were struck directly from the negative, they then used a second 'rougher' negative, in which the leader is absent. Can you confirm then if your print contains the French leader? Also is your print mono or stereo sound?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 06, 2012 12:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edward is correct on the "french" leader, as I have a print that was released on the very first day of release, (with the boxes signed by David Prowse, who was there for the first day release, coolsville!).

The images look slightly grainy, but hell, that's a lot better photography than I am capable of.

By the way, that price is defintely a bargain for someone who has been waiting for a reasonable print to come up!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Ronnie Sortor
Junior

- posted April 06, 2012 05:27 PM      Profile for Ronnie Sortor   Email Ronnie Sortor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent..

Patrick McGrath
Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2012 05:35 PM      Profile for Patrick McGrath   Email Patrick McGrath   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shoot! I'm too late...
well, sent a PM anyway.
Maybe I'll get lucky.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 06, 2012 08:10 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friends,

I am not trying to sabotage this sell but a member with one post offering the most popular title in the world for the price that every body will pay must be read with a full consideration.

My advise before you send money:

1. Ask Seller for at least one UK collector's name as a referrence. So UK members here can confirm.

2. Ask seller to read what is seen (lab code no) on the leader so we the collectors here can confirm or ask him to take a shoot the print together with a today's newspaper (hostage photo mode 'on') so you know he actually holds a print (ps: screen shot can be taken from anywhere. So no guarantee in this matter)

3. Pay only with paypal funded through a credit card so should a bad thing happen, before 45 days, you can get a refund from paypal or claim charge back to your Credit Card company.

Sorry Levi not meant to say you are not real but too many sad stories happen in this world.

--------------------
Winbert

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2012 08:50 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, you make good sense.

With only one post and states he is leaving the country, I'd ask for the print up front then pay. Anyone who has been lurking for years will soon realize who is and or is not a long time member, and if that member is trustworthy or not.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 06, 2012 09:04 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Wayne.

If I had had not this title I would definitely jump in to pay it. But my mind would ask the seller first as he was a film collector then "what were his other titles apart from SW ?", "why he was not offering the other titles", "where his projector would be when he was going to leave the country?", etc, etc.

Just be careful and do my advises above.

[ April 06, 2012, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2012 09:55 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this post almost immediately. Something seems odd here.

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2012 10:56 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent the seller an email the hour he posted the film...no response [Frown]

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 04:45 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

I was thinking along the same lines as soon as I saw the post but hesitated about replying with my thoughts. Looks like you started the ball rolling.

My first thoughts was Levi, you said you have been watching this forum for 2 years, then you should know that Derann 'scope' Star Wars normally sells for at least double that given the last few on Ebay and other lists. And yet you only want £250 (or less). If I had a 'very good' condition scope star wars I certaintly wouldnt sell it for as low as £250. Have you mistaken the digest for the full feature.

£250 for star wars is a very appetizing price that someone might snap up in 5 minutes and pay right away, only to regret it later.

I did wonder if those were genuine screen shots or taken from previous sites (including save star wars). As Winbert pointed out you only have one post and say you are leaving the country.

Sorry Levi, Im sure this is all genuine and you have my apologies. But this had to be said because sooner or later someone will be tricked into paying money for a film that dosent exist and we dont want the forum to be a breeding ground for that.

Mabye the best way is for someone to collect this personally and inspect it on arrival.

I hope this is all genuine, sorry Levi

Graham S

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2012 11:10 AM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few years ago I bought a 16mm LPP feature on ebay UK for a similar amount. I hadn´t got any message from the seller. I could see that he had sold more prints. After that, he had bought an expensive watch on ebay. Then, another buyer sent me a message and we asked for a Paypal refund.
There are some easy ways to proof that someone is telling the truth here on the web.

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2012 01:18 AM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Darth would say "I find your lack of faith (communication) disturbing" Buyer beware here, guys!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 08, 2012 04:01 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Or as Yoda might add"Away put your cheque books,there be no
sale of film here today I think"

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2012 07:41 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@ Hugh... Bwahahahhhahahahhha!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 08, 2012 07:44 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of pertinent points: Mr Freemantle says he has "been a lurker on here for a couple of years". However, his profile states he registered on 15 Feb. Regarding the screenshots, although they look credible as being from a Super 8 print, the picture ratio is about the correct theatrical ratio for scope, whilst a Derann print would surely be wider in comparison to it's height.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 08, 2012 10:51 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hadn´t got any message from the seller. I could see that he had sold more prints. After that, he had bought an expensive watch on ebay. Then, another buyer sent me a message and we asked for a Paypal refund.
There are some easy ways to proof that someone is telling the truth here on the web.

Probably my language barrier here, but Oscar which case are you referring to when you say above? How did you know the seller's Ebay ID?

BTW, I got this page:

http://dc429.4shared.com/doc/Pfmb9JBY/preview.html

and Levi's email address (arukaguntaka@hotmail.com) is also listed there with a call sign "jose33".

It does not prove anything here, but you can figure that out for your own discretion.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Vincent Zabbia
Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2012 10:39 AM      Profile for Vincent Zabbia   Author's Homepage   Email Vincent Zabbia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since Mr Levi Freemantle original post, he has not replied to anyones questions.????? I know lots of you would love to get a print of this feature, but please beware!! I hate horror stories....

--------------------
Vincent Zabbia

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 09, 2012 10:50 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I call Shenanigans! [Mad]

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2012 02:09 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After searching on Facebook, Levi does have a profile there and I've seen a picture of his dad to prove that he is a real person. With all due respect though, I did offer him $400 to ship the film without a response. Maybe he took an offer from an international collector for what he wanted?

Proceed with caution...long delays are never a good sign.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC