8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Derann - Fun And Fancy Free

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann - Fun And Fancy Free
Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2012 11:29 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, I'm loooking for the Derann Disney feature

- FUN AND FANCY FREE (3 x 600ft.)

has anyone a copy in good condition to sell?

thanks
Flavio

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 09, 2012 07:48 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never knew this title released by Derann nor offered in second hand list.

According to IMDB, this contains two separate stories: "Bongo," about a circus bear escaping to the wild, and "Mickey and the Beanstalk," a take on the famous fairy tale.

So basically Derann can sell them separately. Why they did not do this?

--------------------
Winbert

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2014 02:07 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still looking....

Anyone?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 15, 2014 03:44 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was just sold not too long ago

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181500388072

For a price that I think is very cheap for today's standard (US$86)

You have just missed this opportunity Flavio.

--------------------
Winbert

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 15, 2014 04:04 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't a Derann print for that price as seller Gary formerly of Derann explained for those who inquired.

I would have thought that was fairly obvious really Winbert at the price it sold for!

[ September 16, 2014, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2014 03:19 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi WInbert, yes I missed it... I never saw it but no problem, as the seller says it is not a Derann print and I will continue to search for it!

HI Andrew, what do you mean with "as told by Gary himself, Derann didn't issue this movie"? The title is still present in the old Derann website...

http://derannlists.co.uk/derann/8c.php

So what do you mean?

Flavio

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2014 03:46 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its the one I bought, will be watching this Friday I hope, so will give report. Though I'd seem mention of no balance looked at one reel I THINK? it was there,but very narrow.

By the way this is on 4x600ft so not polyester.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 16, 2014 04:53 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't particularly understand your question Flavio? I shall try and get my point across in as plain English as I can then hopefully you will understand my post.

The one Gary sold to David was stated as being a non Derann print.
This does not mean that Derann didn't release this title because as we all know and your link highlights the fact that of course they did. It is just that wherever this one came from that Gary sold, it wasn't Derann.

[ October 03, 2014, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2014 01:38 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, sorry!
Of course I misunderstood your answer which is now clear...

Thanks for your reply!

[Smile]

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2014 06:19 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the Ebay advert for the film Gary sold and I assumed that it was an Italian print stuck in a Derann box. I know there are a lot of Italian bootlegs of Disney features and most are on faded stock.

Graham S

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2014 02:17 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Graham, yes there a lot of Italian bootleg prints, not all of real good quality, but some of them are very rare...

This title is the italian "Bongo e i Tre Avventurieri", but as far as I know, it was 6x400ft and not 4x600ft...

Of course, it could be re-spooled and perhaps David could tell us more after his projection in the week-end.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2014 05:19 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry but not had time to watch yet, due to some very dusty building work going on. Its that bad even the TV is like watching a tenth generation pirate print.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2014 10:49 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
the DERANN print is on 3x600 reels,
but reel three is barely half full.
The print itself is very good.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 04, 2014 12:48 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The number of reels doesn't necessarily provide proof as to whether a film was a Derann issue or not, as Derann would often release prints Disney or otherwise ut the running time of each individual reel as provided to them, or the original amount of film per reel upon original release, or as provided by the negative they either acquired or was provided to them.

I think you see that with the "Fantasia 2000" as well as the original Fantasia.

Am I wrong in that statement? Possibly.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2014 02:40 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many italian and spanish companies released their films in 600 ft reels that contained only 400 ft of film.So,if a full length feature was released in 5x400 in other countries,it was 5x600 in Italy and Spain.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2014 02:28 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FOUND!!! :-)

The Derann print and it's fantastic in colors!
I would say that with Beauty and the Beast and Alladin is one of the best Disney prints from Derann I have seen so far...

[ November 26, 2014, 04:50 AM: Message edited by: Flavio Stabile ]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 25, 2014 02:50 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Flavio for finding the proper version.Enjoy!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC