8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WANTED: The Empire Strikes back - PART 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED: The Empire Strikes back - PART 2
Manuel Tapia
Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2012 02:04 PM      Profile for Manuel Tapia   Email Manuel Tapia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the part 1, you know I AM YOUR FATHER is not there [Frown] so i need the KEN FILM part 2.

|  IP: Logged

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2012 03:44 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI Part 2 is missing this line! Ken films edits this line out. I believe they had to at the request of the studio.
Fun digest though!
Cheers
Terry

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 19, 2012 05:20 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manuel, although most of your films are probably on reddish stage but that is not always the case.

If you are lucky you will get the below film (that is taken directly from super 8mm Ken Film digest 400')

Star Wars
Length: 400"
Released by: Ken Films
Stock: Kodak LPP
Lab: ....
Date of Print: 1982

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

The ESB 2 is also available in such above color.The screen shots can be seen here:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=1;t=005662

--------------------
Winbert

Manuel Tapia
Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2012 06:27 PM      Profile for Manuel Tapia   Email Manuel Tapia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry Lagler,
[Eek!] without that line is not the ESB

But that match with george lucas, is when the beta tape wasn't available to buy just for rent, we wanted to got alot of money and he still doing after more that 30 years [Big Grin]

Thanks for the highlighted that

Winbert,
That is great, I have that one but should be the RED version [Big Grin] , is not too red but don't look like that.

BTW how can i distinct a LPP Stock?, of course other that the price ? [Big Grin]

Thanks!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 19, 2012 07:15 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BTW how can i distinct a LPP Stock?, of course other that the price ?
Manuel, there is no way other than to ask the seller (if they know how to distinguish) or make a gambling decision.

Cover wise it would be the same between those printed on Kodak SP, Eastman or LPP.

But to narrow your search, LPP was available in 1980s, so any films purchased before that won`t be LPP. Some Ken Films leader will have the mark when it was printed. But it needs a magnifier glass to read it and if seller can read the mark then he or she can also read the edge code which will be easier to find.

But that makes this hobby become challenging because you are looking for something is hard to find.... [Big Grin]

ps: the more you join this hobby the more information you know to narrow the search that

- Any Universal 8 two parters won`t be on LPP but Kodak SP or Eastman
- Marketing Films are mostly on Kodak SP, only few titles on LPP
- Columbia Films are mostly on Eastman, only very few titles on AGFA
-Walt Disney Home Movies if it is made in USA will be on Kodak SP. If it is made in UK can be Fuji or Eastman. If it is made in France will be on AGFA.
- Blackhawk Films are mostly BW only few shorts were struck in color

- etc, etc

Challenging heh... [Razz]

Good luck!

--------------------
Winbert

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2012 08:32 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, I have a few marketing films in agfa. Raiders of the lost ark and star trek tmp 3x400. I also have a agfa copy of ken films Alien. So my point is, you may get lucky and find just about anything in low fade. Best of luck!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 19, 2012 09:04 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have a few marketing films in agfa. Raiders of the lost ark and star trek tmp 3x400
Sure Adam, as I said above there are few Marketing Films on AGFA.

As for Alien on AGFA... [Big Grin] of course I knew it. We (You and I plus the seller) discussed about it. So if you get bored with it or get the full feature, you know where you have to let it go.... [Wink]

--------------------
Winbert

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2012 12:46 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Great shoots Winbert! I have the 4 400 Ken Reels in beautiful color Star Wars and Empire. I love them . Super 8 digest for ever!

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2012 12:53 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are any of these digests you mention in scope? I mean when the feature is scope. Like Alien maybe.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 20, 2012 07:24 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
The second part of the Star Wars ep 4 was done in 'scope Akshay
I could be wrong but I'm sure that Animex released the same
spool.I always thought it a pointless exercise as the first part was a flat release and most collectors would want to re-edit.Of course it
was done flat too.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC