8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Mighty Joe Young part 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mighty Joe Young part 2
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 12, 2012 10:23 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't somebody looking for this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIGHTY-JOE-YOUNG-Pt-2-Escape-Super-8mm-FILM-/110976079509?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_OtherFormats_GL&hash=item19d6b09695

PatD

|  IP: Logged

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2012 01:06 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Pat Me!!!

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2012 01:20 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If memory serves me, I bought the 4x400ft Mountain Films version, and later bought from Keith Wilton the 2x 400ft together this made more or less the full film, & the quality was fairly good too. That must be 2nd part of what I bought from Keith.

Laksmi I believe you saw Kirk Douglas recently? He must be one of the last old school actors left now? He's one of my favourites. Most of his films I enjoy watching.

I must start watching my films again, now winter & dark nights are here.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2012 01:26 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah David he is over 95 and still gets around wow, Anyway I love the guy and Ray Harryhausen is a best friend of mine and he to is 95 . So its dark now and time for movies ! I saw a bunch last night with my kids.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2012 01:59 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OH you Lucky man Ray is THE BEST He's the man who got me into films, after seeing Jason and the Argonauts while at school. Although it was a while later when I started working that I bought a ELMO ST 1200 and hired a few of his great films. 4x200ft Sinbad, Jason, and others. I rented Golden Voyage for £12.50 on super 8mm full feature from Columbia. Back then it was a lot of money, but well worth it. Quality was fantastic. I wish I had that in my collection. I do have it in 16mm but its a bit splicy. Watched it on DVD last week, enjoyed again.

I even did my own stop-motion film years ago.

I have on 16mm 7th Voyage, Golden Voyage, Mysterious Island, Jason on 8mm the US print 4x200ft and the Derann full feature, also have Earth Flying Saucers Columbia a very good print. Have the sextopus film too It Came from Beneath the Sea. Until you start thinking about your film collection I sometimes forget what I have.

I'll treat the kids to a film show this weekend now.

The next time you speak to Mr Douglas or Ray please pass my thanks to them for the great entertainment they have given me over the years. And its a lot.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2012 06:11 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Nice collection I have all his films but mostly in digest . I will say hello for you he got me in to film and art. Here is a picture of Ray and me with my sculptures  -

--------------------

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2012 12:58 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Laksmi!

Is that you and Ray?

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2012 03:00 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah me and my younger days with Ray the Man!

--------------------

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2012 03:30 PM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FREAKIN' AWESOME! [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC