8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Australian ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Australian ebay
Jan Adolfsson
Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 01:41 PM      Profile for Jan Adolfsson   Email Jan Adolfsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How come there is so many super 8 titles om ebay Australia, and more amazingly, so many prints with what seems to be nice colors? Anyone got an idea?

Check this out:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUPER-8MM-FiLM-THE-WARRiORS-400-FT-REEL-/170949240357?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item27cd5e6625&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1361

and this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUPER-8MM-FiLM-RAiDERS-OF-THE-LOST-ARK-400-FT-REEL-/170945643003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item27cd2781fb&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1361

and this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUPER-8MM-FiLM-KiNG-KONG-400-FT-REEL-/170945640707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item27cd277903&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1361

Man i'd like those titles, but it's way to expensive.

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 27, 2012 01:51 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan previously you are after for non faded prints. From the 3 above listings, only Raiders of the lost ark is non-faded print, the other two are for sure printed on Kodak SP, hence will fade to brownish.

If you are OK with these two prints quality, you do not need go too far to Australia because there are still plenty films on that color level offered in Europe. Price is much fair compared to these ones and also shipping will be much friendlier for you.

Just my 2 cents though.

--------------------
Winbert

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 01:51 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Jan I notice that to . I think it is because some guy over down under had the in sight to buy them new and store them in a controled climate storage. And got allot of non fade stock prints. Or the Super 8 fans in Australia rock!

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 27, 2012 01:54 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lakshmi, I was in Australia for 3 years, and I found more films to be reddish there.

Remember some parts of Australia are lying near below the equator which is hot and humid, like Darwin and Queensland province.

--------------------
Winbert

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2012 03:50 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Australia.I've got heaps of colour films in great condition.Apart from film stock, it also depends on where they are stored.It's the 2nd day of summer and may reach 30 degrees outside today. However, my films are kept in a dark movie room where it's alot cooler. Also, most of my collection has come from the UK, anyhow.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 01, 2012 04:16 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are they insane in Australia? Look at the shipping costs ... Jeez

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-LULU-in-Hollywood-Super-8-Home-Movie-Film-/130809020973?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1e74d3422d

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2012 04:22 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well some of us clearly are! That item has been on Ebay for months and started off at a really ludicrous price. Australia Post is not cheap (look at auspost.com.au). However, about two 200ft films(under 500 grams) can be sent Airmail to Europe for around $18 and USA for $14 (uninsured).

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 01, 2012 04:25 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They charge for shipping too at eBay now, don't they? So they won't get any extra by doing it this way (cheap goods, insane shipping)

And that looked like one small reel

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2012 07:59 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just had a closer look at that item and it's only 50ft and silent! I don't think that will sell even with free postage!

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2012 11:34 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not even 50 feet! Looks more like 25, starts on picture!

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2012 02:10 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right Bill! I think they wanted $50 for it when it was first listed!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC