8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » How much would I have to spend to ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How much would I have to spend to ...
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 17, 2012 12:53 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get Squirm 200', Twins of Evil 200' and Mission Galactica 2x400'. While I'm at it, Guns for San Sebastian 3x400' and Airport '80 2x400'

If anyone has these at a fair price, please drop me a note

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 17, 2012 05:54 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mission Galactica is rather rare. So if the previous sequel "Battlestar Galactica" is usually sold around $25-$45. If you purcahsed below that, then you are lucky!.

The other rarer U8 two parter are "Hulk", "Blues Brother", and "Xanadu"

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 18, 2012 12:42 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd pay 50 for Mission Galactica, but not the ones I find on ebay.de, they are dubbed :-( Want english sound version

How about the Twins and Squirm 200'? Had both of them when I was 11 ... Brought my projector for school a couple of times ... Second time was last time, as the teacher said stop it, when Cushing chopped off the head of the vampire :-)

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2012 06:08 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Vidar-

I used to show Squirm at my high school in the 70's and everyone loved it! I got more objection from the teachers during the Logan's Run 400 footer for the brief nudity. [Eek!]

As for the Squirm 200 foot version, I don't see this for sale very much, but the 400 foot version is somewhat common. I prefer the 200 footer on this one though (see my reveiw in the review section).

James.

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2012 06:30 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vidar,

the Galactica-Versions from Ebay.de were released by Piccolo Film. So they are in german.

Keep perforated,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 18, 2012 06:48 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know they are German versions, I've asked :-)

Now I am really hoping to find these, as these are the last ones I remember for now that I had at 11

Thanks for the input on Squirm too, I'd go for the 400' if that's something I can find ... Not seen on eBay or any of the lists I have searched

BTW: Anyone can do a redub that is perfect? I guess that means if there's a frame missing, it would be impossible, but ... Longshot, I know

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 18, 2012 08:08 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dontbknow for the case of Picollo. But for German UFA many its English movie releases were printed by Ken Films hence the same edit frame by frame.

Maybe German members can share their knowledge here? Because I want to know it too.

Cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 18, 2012 08:38 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert wants english soundtrack on the Star Wars movies? ;-)

Dubbing should be banned in my opinion ... DVD's are okay, since you can keep both (or more) tracks

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2012 10:49 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Winbert, UFA took some Ken Films-Titles in their program and edited the sound to german. The cut is the same like the original.

Vidar,
dubbing is okay. I do it, too. F.e. my Disney-Titles. I have a 5 year old daughter. She cannot speak or understand english [Big Grin]
But on the balance track is the original english version.

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 18, 2012 11:37 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I learned english from watching Super 8 ... Better than to dub in my opinion, even for a 5 year old. Have an aquantance, she had a daughter of 3 years and she spoke english quite well. And all learned from TV with english programs.

But you kept the original track, that's a plus :-)

Can't the balance track be used? Since you moved the original track to balance I mean?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC