8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Star Wars trilogy in super 8 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Star Wars trilogy in super 8
Baudime Jam
Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2013 10:25 AM      Profile for Baudime Jam   Author's Homepage   Email Baudime Jam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello
I am intending to sell my super 8 copies of the Star Wars trilogy (full features, not condensed), which is :

Star Wars - scope, colours, magnetic sound (Derann release)
French soundtrack, but original English scrolling titles

Empire - scope, colours, magnetic sound
original English soundtrack but German scrolling titles

Jedi - scope, colours, magnetic sound
Original English soundtrack and scrolling titles

I never projected them : I just tried the first minutes of each first reel.
The quality of image and sound is excellent : quite like new.
See screenshots links below.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested, either in this forum, or through my email.

I have also many rare condensed versions (French, US, German, Italian), and trailers for each film of the original trilogy (including the rare Revenge of the Jedi).

Appart from Star Wars, I am also selling two superb super 8 copies of 2001 : A space odyssey, and First men in the moon. Both complete feature versions (not condensed). Both in scope, colours and in quite new condition. I only tried the begenning of the first reel of 2001, and First men in the moon was projected once only. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thank you for your help !

With best regards from France

Baudime starwarsmagazines@online.fr

[ January 27, 2013, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Baudime Jam ]

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 26, 2013 10:29 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star wars, oh yeah! I am interested, so ask me first when you decide your price, okay? English sound, right? Don't happen to have Alien too?

Baudime Jam
Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2013 10:33 AM      Profile for Baudime Jam   Author's Homepage   Email Baudime Jam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Wars with French soundtrack (but you can rerecord the English track)
Empire and Jedi with English soundtrack

I listed on ebay.fr yesterday and received a few offers yet.
So, I am waiting for more offers.

I am not selling Alien :-) This is another great SF film !

[ January 27, 2013, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Baudime Jam ]

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 26, 2013 10:42 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jam

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!

PatD

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 26, 2013 10:58 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Baudime, and good luck with your sale.

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2013 06:59 PM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interested in 2001 depending on price. Maybe Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back if I can afford.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 26, 2013 07:44 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baudime - I can't help being curious why you bought features that presumably must have cost you a lot of money and then never watched them?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Baudime Jam
Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2013 07:49 PM      Profile for Baudime Jam   Author's Homepage   Email Baudime Jam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian
you are asking a very rational question !
In fact, as a collector of vintage Star Wars items, I have bought two copies of each feature films in super 8, and I am now selling the three spare prints I never projected because, well, priority in life have changed !

Here are a series of screenshots I just did one hour ago of the Star Wars trilogy super 8 prints I am selling.
As you will see, the image is just excellent : no reddish colors, no fade, and sharp sound.

Please note that I did not install the anamorphic lens which is the reason why the ratio is not correct.
I took the photos with my iphone which explains why the images are not sharp when spaceships or characters move too fast on screen.

Star Wars

Empire

Jedi

In the past 20 years, I never had the opportunity to see those three films on sale anywhere on internet. It won't happen before long !

And here are also screenshots for my prints of 2001 and First men in the moon :

Moon

Both are for sale... (scope feature versions)

[ January 27, 2013, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: Baudime Jam ]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 26, 2013 11:30 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

In the past 20 years, I never had the opportunity to see those three films on sale anywhere on internet.

But do you know that those films can be still ordered brand new? one a member here just received a brand new print of Empire Strikes Back.

New Films can be purchased cheaper than some used!

--------------------
Winbert

Baudime Jam
Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2013 04:21 AM      Profile for Baudime Jam   Author's Homepage   Email Baudime Jam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just observing that if you try to find the Star Wars trilogy full features in super 8 in excellent condition, either on ebay or other websites, you just won't find it easily in this excellent condition (no fade, no reddish colors, etc.), and the three at once :-)

Well... I keep my (very good) used prints, as I said before, and I am quite sure it won't take long before those three quite new spare prints will sell :-) They are History as they are the original versions of these classic movies, before Mr Lucas spoil them with "special editions"...

Han Solo shoot first !!! [Wink]

[ January 27, 2013, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Baudime Jam ]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 27, 2013 06:09 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But not in Super 8, I believe. eBay had an auction for a Standard 8mm print and in the text, he claimed it wasn't on Super 8 at all. I talk about Psycho BTW ...

And did anybody see this kind of eBay auction before? I knew I offered to little, but how can you know if a real bid is in?

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2013 08:23 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum!

Would you be so kind as to provide links to your eBay auctions?

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Baudime Jam
Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2013 12:22 PM      Profile for Baudime Jam   Author's Homepage   Email Baudime Jam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
answer to Vidar : in France, ebay offers two different options, either standard auctions (like on ebay.com), but also classified, which is free of any insertion and sale fee.

I choose this option, stating in the description that potential buyers shall email me with their offer. I sold many super 8 features that way. Unfortunately, this option does not exist on ebay.com. Maybe I should write the description in English because most of the buyers are not French at all !

After only three days online, I received quite a number of offers, some serious, but also some irrational : a French buyer offered me 75€ ($100) for the three films ! Well... I am just collecting offers and the highest will get them - even if I would prefer to sell the three prints to the same buyer in order to keep them together, which is why I will consider a combined offer with preference. You know how long it is sometimes to build a collection, and it is always sad to split it...

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 27, 2013 12:30 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, okay, not using the french eBay so much, but it's the first time I've seen this ... If I had more money, I'd offer your decently for all three, but it's too difficult before I sell off my video game collection.

Thanks for clarifying

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2013 02:39 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Baudime,

I thought it could be useful to publish the links here...

Star Wars - A New Hope

Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars - Return Of The Jedi

Hope this is comfortable with you.. [Wink]

Flavio

PS. Please note that "Empire" is not a Derann print, like you say on Ebay, but it's German print...

Baudime Jam
Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2013 05:55 AM      Profile for Baudime Jam   Author's Homepage   Email Baudime Jam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are right ! I copied and pasted without paying attention...
I have fixed the description for Empire and removed "Derann" from it [Smile]
Thank you !

So if anyone is interested, just email me.
I sell the combo trilogy for 2500 euros ($3300).

I am also selling three trailers (super 8, cinemascope, colors, magnetic sound) :

Empire strikes back : trailer

Revenge of the Jedi : rare teaser

Special edition trilogy : 1997

They are in excellent condition, as the features of my collection.
A unique occasion to own a cinemascope Star Wars super 8 collection... at once !

[ January 31, 2013, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Baudime Jam ]

Baudime Jam
Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2013 02:45 PM      Profile for Baudime Jam   Author's Homepage   Email Baudime Jam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2001 and First men in the Moon have sold...

Baudime Jam
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2013 06:38 AM      Profile for Baudime Jam   Author's Homepage   Email Baudime Jam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello folks,

just to let you know that the Star Wars trilogy just sold for 2250 euros ($3300) to a collector from Luxembourg.

Before that offer, I was offered 1800€ and 2000€, but also 120€ and 150€ (!!!) for the three films. Well... this was an interesting experience.

In a few days, I was contacted by a lot of potential buyer, each one having his/her own idea about the real value of these prints. But the real value of any item is the price that someone is ready to pay for it, not the average market value, especially if, like me, you are not a retailer. I had only one set of prints to sell, not a bunch of them, and still, I am sure that I could have sold them for a 3000 euros if I had devoted more time to this issue.

I would be very interested to further discuss the question of the "real value" because it raises a lot of important questions. For example, a pair of collectors argued that I was asking a too high price for my prints as it is possible to order new prints to CHC or Andec for a cheaper price (600 euros after them...).

First, I am not sure at all you can get a new print of each Star Wars films for that price. It should be confirmed and I wrote to these companies to know about it.

Second, you probably will get prints with German scrolling titles for Star Wars and Return of the Jedi, whereas the Derann prints have original English.

Third, a genuine Star Sars fan want the original and official super 8 releases, not bootlegs

Fourth, who knows if the quality will be the same ?

But mainly (fifth) if this is so easy and cheaper to get those films from laboratories, why trying to get my prints ? That's what I answered to these people. I don't mind if they want to get new prints, but I know that a serious Star Wars super-8 collector will pay the right price for such rarities, especially in this excellent condition.

Your opinion is welcome !

Now, I still have those trailers (including the rare Revenge of the Jedi), and also a series of condensed versions (from US, France, Germany and Italy) for sale : see below two of them (rare Star Wars condensed 2nd volume, and rare Empire 2nd volume).

-

-

[ February 01, 2013, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Baudime Jam ]

Baudime Jam
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2013 11:13 AM      Profile for Baudime Jam   Author's Homepage   Email Baudime Jam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I forgot to mention that I have also a very rare super 8 print of the 1978 Star Wars spoof : Hardware wars !

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 01, 2013 11:28 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on your sale. That is not a bad price for them. If Star Wars normally sells for $900-1800 (Yes.. $1800 once!), Jedi for $600-900 and then Empire for $750 New..those prices are about right.
The reason why many wanted your copies is that Star Wars cannot be purchased new any longer. Jedi and Empire can. The quality of the German releases are very good from what I have heard but there was a period of time where the sound stripe was not so good with those releases. With the older versions the sound stripe hopefully should be better and I am sure the semi casual collector wouldn't want to take a chance with a newer print PLUS there is a wait time for the print to be made. The only non official release is Empire.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 01, 2013 11:36 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baudime

I sent you a PM about Hardware Wars.

PatD

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2013 07:05 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, congratulations for the sale.

To the german prints I can say, that they are all in best quality. My soundstripes have all a good quality, too.
I know some Derann-Prints that have a poor soundstripe (the black one).

BTW - Empire was/is a bootleg as a lot of other full features, too.
And if a bootleg made from a good negative, it is the same as the official.

F.e. Once upon a time in the west. It was officially released in flat by Marketing international und as bootleg in scope. And the bootleg-quality is stunning.

But you need to know the right persons to get in contact with the laboratories, because no one knows, if you can trust the contacting person or it is a spy from the studios.

You are right, that the "real value" is what you get for your prints, but I would never pay more than 400 Euros for a print (that's what I paid for Star Wars).
And if I don't get it for that price, I have to wait. Someday I will get a print of Empire... [Big Grin]

Keep perforated
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2013 08:35 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to look on german eBay, there is a Star Wars print and also a Alien print.
Starting bid is for each 299 Euro

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2013 10:25 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's those auctions Oemer was talking about:

http://www.ebay.de/sch/spielkalb38/m.html?hash=item2ec5f97a8d&item=200889957005&pt=DE_Zelluloid&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2013 10:54 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks folks for the information, but I need "The empire strikes back". Star Wars and Jedi is in my collection [Big Grin]

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC