8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Beatles at Shea Stadium Super 8 color sound 1200ft ELMO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Beatles at Shea Stadium Super 8 color sound 1200ft ELMO
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 21, 2013 12:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just listed this up for auction ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321232875541#ht_446wt_1141

It really does have very good color, I say 8 out of 10 for color, as the blacks are not entirely perfect. However, the Beatles jackets are the right color, the grass of the field is actually green. This is certainly the best copy I have seen of this title.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2013 01:14 PM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi from Moshe

Just sent you an email regards this reel.

Best wishes
Moshe

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2013 09:25 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi just curious what happened to the listing?

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2013 06:28 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps he changed his mind at the last minute. I remember at one time you could also get their performance on the Ed Sullivan Show in Super8.
In 1959 under the name Johnny and the Moondogs, they entered a talent show on radio, possibly Carroll Levis Discoveries, and came 3rd. 1st place went to Billy Fury, 2nd place to a group named Nero and the Gladiators. I was never a fan of the Liverpool Four.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 23, 2013 08:53 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was Cliff Richard and The Shadows in that competition?

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2013 09:39 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cliff had already made his first record 'Move It' in 1958.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 23, 2013 12:35 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The item was lost or broken"??

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 23, 2013 12:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were two splices that were un-spliced on the reel, so, technically (and truthfully), it was broken, but while I had it down, I got a very good offer for it off of ebay, so it's gone to a most happy person.

--------------------

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2013 01:06 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] thanks

Jorma Julku
Junior

- posted August 11, 2017 02:42 PM      Profile for Jorma Julku   Email Jorma Julku   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi!
As a Beatles fan do you know if the sound is raw or dubbed abc tv production?
I'm just interested. Thanks.

--------------------
Jorma Julku

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 12, 2017 10:55 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! This goes a ways back! [Smile]

From what I remember, it was the original audio from the actual concert, it wasn't remastered or anything. Come to think of it, if a person was to find a perfect color print of this, and was able to get ahold of a really good rematsered copy of the audio, it would be worth getting again, (but cutting out all those numbers from the almost first half of the film, as they were other artists.

--------------------

Jorma Julku
Junior

- posted August 13, 2017 10:50 AM      Profile for Jorma Julku   Email Jorma Julku   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!
I could believe the original "raw" sound Beatles live part would
be real treasure!
You tube clips and other videos have dubbed sound.
I have only one pirate dvd with raw sound.

--------------------
Jorma Julku

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC