8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Hammer Odd Reel Offer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hammer Odd Reel Offer
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2014 11:06 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I am having trouble finding prints for sale on the following two Hammer Derann feature releases I would like to make the following offers for two odd reels:

SCARS OF DRACULA: Reel #3 600' from the later uncut release (not the 4 X 400' version). I would offer $200 for the reel plus my reel which is gorgeous except for a light green scratch for the first 200'. Scratch isn't bad.

DR. JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE: Reel #3 600'. I would offer $150 plus my reel which, again, is gorgeous excpet for some scratches on the first half - then it clears up.

I would pay for your reel and then when I receive it and it is indeed in good shape, I would ship you mine as a replacement so you still have a complete feature - and some cash!

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 19, 2014 09:39 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take care regarding such an exchange even if the opportunity comes up. After I bought my copy, when it was available new, I had to change a reel and the replacement was annoyingly different in terms of looking significantly darker. You might solve one issue, but replace it with another.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2014 12:53 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's true. I have seen prints that vary in quality. So I'm probably safer looking for full features instead of switching odd reels. I'm thinking Derann didn't print too many of these features because they come up for sale so rarely... so the search goes on...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC