8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Universal Horror Sound Digests

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Universal Horror Sound Digests
Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2014 07:43 PM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,

I'm a brand new member and have recently returned to collecting Super 8 sound films. Does anyone know the best place to locate Universal Horror digests (sound)?

Thanks very much for your time and help.

Mark

|  IP: Logged

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2014 07:52 PM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a topic dear to my heart. Less than a year ago I decided to try to obtain all of the Castle Films/Universal 8 titles, and now I have all but one from my want list. I was concerned at first because there seemed to be NOTHING on eBay, but gradually they emerged and I purchased them. I also got several from dealers and boardies. (Thanks, everyone.) My "advice" would be to figure out what you want, utilize every avenue possible, and don't rush into buying mediocre prints that you will just want to upgrade. (This is especially tough with color and 3D prints, as so many have gone red.)

So, what are you looking for? [Wink]

Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2014 08:05 PM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Marshall,

Thank you very much for your reply. For starters, sound digests from House of Frankenstein, House of Dracula, Son, Bride, and Ghost of Frankenstein, The Raven (1935), and Man Made Monster.

I really appreciate your help.

best,
mark

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2014 08:39 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello mark and welcome to the forum there are slot of members with knowledgeable info on here not sure how much you want to spend but you can check out Phil's vintage films his films are like new I just bought 4 rascals prints and was surprised how nice these were. I wish you luck in your search.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2014 09:58 PM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the tip, Jim. I'll head over to Phil's site and look for the Universal digests.

best,
mark

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2014 10:28 PM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001379

You probably saw this already, but just in case...

Sadly, there was just a near-complete collection (all listed separately) on eBay recently. But there will be others.

HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN and THE RAVEN I got from boardies. SON OF FRANKENSTEIN I happened to get from a boardie via eBay. He had edited the extra footage from the 200' version into the 400', which was awesome. The two GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN digests seem to come up for sale all the time. I bought them, then bought an extra copy of each to cut together. HOUSE OF DRACULA is the only tough one on that list, IMO, and that can still be found pretty easily. Might just cost you a tad more.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2014 06:37 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you do see any universal 8's in 200ft form those will most likely be castles versions repackaged under universal grab them.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2014 09:19 AM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Marshall and Jim,

You've been incredibly helpful. I'll check ebay periodically and search the links the Forum has so generously provided.

best,
mark

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2014 02:41 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN super 8 sound. Not in original box, though. Still interested?

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2014 09:38 AM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John,

Thank you for the kind offer. I am looking for films in original boxes.

Best,

Mark

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2014 05:08 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think most of us started his Super 8 experience with the castle horror digists.
I have a question to you in the round, what kind of prints are more rare? in 16mm, Super 8 sound or standard 8 sound?
I think the silent prints are the most printed versions?!
I have in my collection most of them in 16mm but I prefer 8mm in original castle box, I love the castle artworks and I hate the universal cover artwork.
What is your opinion?

(maybe I have some in 16mm multiple, are you interested?)

Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2014 07:39 PM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oemer,

If you are thinking about selling any of your Super 8 sound horror digests from Castle, please let me know.

best,
mark

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2014 03:37 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry, I have only 16mm sound. In Super 8 and Standard 8 I have only few silent versions.

Philippe Cuypers
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2014 07:36 AM      Profile for Philippe Cuypers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO OMMER,
YESTERDAY I SEND YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE (PM) DID YOU RECEIVED??
THANK YOU [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Confused] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Philippe Cuypers

Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2014 09:03 AM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Oemer.

Yes, I did receive your message Phillippe and sent a response.

best,
mark

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2014 02:52 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Phillipe,
I am sorry, but I didn´t received an Email notification for a PM. The option is in my profile activated but it does not work??

I sent to you a PM
regards
Oemer

Philippe Cuypers
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2014 03:05 PM      Profile for Philippe Cuypers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello OMMER RECEIVED YOUR PM THANKS<
I JUST SEND OUR A PM BACK TO YOU
ALL THE BEST PHILL [Confused] [Confused] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Philippe Cuypers

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC