8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » 007 Features on eBay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 007 Features on eBay
Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2014 05:54 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not mine but a find for a James Bond 007 collector...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOONRAKER-on-SUPER-8-FILM-/261633281742?pt=US_Film&hash=item3cea8f0ece

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-YOUR-EYES-ONLY-on-SUPER-8-FILM-/141444843922?pt=US_Film&hash=item20eec50992

Dunno how much colour there is left though, the adverts don't state many details, the usual excuse no doubt, i.e. can't run the film!

Best,
Rick

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 22, 2014 09:18 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm bidding on both. Thanks for the info.

PatD

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2014 11:27 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
noticed that Eyes Only was optical and flat...and was probably an airline print, which meant it had to be cut by a few minutes. still for the price...if it's not faded and scratched badly....it would be fun to have. Luckily I found a 16mm scope uncut version of that one and Moonraker or I'd probably be bidding on them myself.

Lee Panton
Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2014 11:42 AM      Profile for Lee Panton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Rik this is a new game on ebay. No projector or other means to check films, sold untested, no returns. Was caught out last week, film arrived seriously faded, money down the drain.

[ October 22, 2014, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Lee Panton ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 22, 2014 12:15 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, this Polka dancer really lucked into one hell of a collection of super 8 (from what they wrote me about in a message I sent them about the film collection when I was bidding on one). I'm really quite giddy about what may come up next?!!!

OK, onto the Bonds ...

"Moonraker was printed on, I believe, Kodak SP, and all prints I have seen of this title, tend to be brown some some degree.

HOWEVER ...

I happen to have a print of "For Your Eyes Only" and this print seemed to have made it out onto LPP or some other low fade stock, as my print has flawless color, really lovely to look at.

Now bear in mind that my endorsement is not iron clad, as there might have been other stocks used as well, but most of these airline prints were print runs that were done all at once, and usually from one location (unless they were also done in other countries as well, which is of course possible), so it's a better chance than not, that this print also has impeccable color ...

However, as always, bid with caution.

OSI [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2014 04:17 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will chip in here, I bid and won Dr No from this Ebay seller
last month, and I can tell you the film was in better condition
than I expected, it was faded but not as much as I thought it would be. This as osi said was probably on sp stock slightly
brownish as I remember, but no tram lines or emulsion scratches
and this was on 2 x 1200 reels. If anyone this side of the pond is thinking of bidding it gets better, 7 days door to door from
new York to the west midlands incredible, and the best bit is
this seller use's eBay's new GPS which get's around our invasive
and rip off import taxes completely so you save a lot of money
indeed. The only downside I can see is the time they finish,
early morning. There it is guys, if you want to bid, don't be
put off, very good communication too, but as always the choice
is yours.

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2014 05:19 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Find...i have a full lengh Print from For your eyes Only on 7 x 600 feet Reels.
Itīs a very rare Italy Print, i have re-recorded in german. (The Italy Print have magnetic sound)
The sharp is good, the color is faded, but is ok for me.

And i have a very rare full lengh german Print from Dr No..with great colors and sharp...the Print is on 6x400 feet Reels

From Moonraker gives here in Germany a full lengh Print with magnetic soundtrack, but itīs very rare to find.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 23, 2014 04:35 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Life is full of chances. I still bid on both films. Nothing ventured , nothing gained. Bond took chances, so.......

James Bond will return!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC