8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » The Incredible Melting Man

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Incredible Melting Man
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 07, 2014 01:37 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, for anyone who may be interested, I have just listed this one on eBay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131342672727?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555 .l2649

Start price is 9.99 and colour is pretty good as per images.
Some light scratches to the right and an occasional light one centre left, again check images.
Whenever I list a film which may have marks I always try to photo them so they can be seen by potential bidders.

[ November 07, 2014, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

|  IP: Logged

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2014 02:18 AM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG Tom! I saw this film as part of a double bill when it was on UK release around 1978, I think. Your listing brought back such good memories of the days when we got admitted to a "AA" rated film, despite being younger than the offical censor guidelines.
Gotta put a sneaky bid in for this movie! Hope you are going to be at Blackpool Tom?

--------------------
Ron

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 08, 2014 10:46 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ron, unfortunately,(& ashamed), Blackpool is a little out of my reach but yes I saw this in 78 as a double bill with Squirm. I loved this movie, the only reason I am selling some of my titles now is two fold, no one here seems to want to watch my horror films with me any more and I am now looking at downsizing my collection so I can afford new ones. I fund film buying with film sales.
I was surprised at how good the colour was on this one when I put it on to take screenshots as I haven't projected this copy since 2009. As I understand it I believe many of these prints have lost there colour. I think this one must have been a late print or one of the lucky ones to have decent stock. The marks that are on it were there from day one.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2014 04:50 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,

I won the print of incredible melting man - looking forward to seeing it - I think the cutdown works better than the full feature - as you mentioned the double bill of this feature with squirm - which I also have - I might spool both of them on an 800ft for my own mini double feature - unfortunately my copy of squirm has faded a little - but thanks for this little gem of a horror.

Dave

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 17, 2014 06:26 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave,
Many thanks, any problems do give me a shout but I don't think you will be disappointed, I remember seeing this at our local flea pit in Plymouth with Squirm as a double bill.
I am posting this one first class today so fingers crossed you should get it tomorrow.
Enjoy. [Wink]

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2014 09:42 PM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love this movie. Should I admit that? I remember seeing the 400' reel on the shelf at K-mart and then never seeing it in a store again. Finally ordered a copy from Larry Arpin. Didn't even have a sound projector at the time, but I needed to have that reel. It's the only abridgment that I have never parted with from back in those days. Wish my copy was as nice as the one that just sold, but I enjoy having "my" copy from all those years ago.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 18, 2014 06:46 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing wrong with enjoying this movie Marshall.
I'm only selling some of my movies so I can buy new ones but my Brother did say to me why do you want to sell this one as It is a good one and in good condition, I'm sure im going to wish I didn't but unfortunately to keep buying I have to give something up. I took a look at my film list last night and am trying to consider what goes next but I'm down to everything I like.
It wont be too long before we open the old thread of "what films do you regret selling"
[Confused]
Having said that, as long as I get a good film or films off future lists i'll be OK. [Wink]

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2014 10:14 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,
Film arrived as promised this morning - I haven't screened it yet - but looking forward to it - rest assured it has gone to a good home and will be well looked after.

Dave

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 18, 2014 01:40 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is good to know.
Happy Screening. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC