8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » PERRY'S MOVIES December Film List (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: PERRY'S MOVIES December Film List
Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2014 04:13 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^^Sorry if somehow my post above may have caused any confusion.
My comment was 'in general', and not to anyone in particular.
It was my viewpoint, not necessarily anyone else's. I was giving a comment on why it may be harder for us Canadians so far away to purchase what we want, and nothing against or toward Ian or his films. I buy from the UK sometimes as well. It just hurts the pocketbook more, and it is up to the seller as to whether he will ease that pain with shipping or not.
Cheers,
Matt

EDIT: Just to make the point, these are the films i would love to purchase:
1346 Way Out West – Laurel and Hardy – 2x800ft b/w snd £45
1404 Swiss Miss – Laurel and Hardy – 3x400ft b/w snd £35
1408 The Music Box – Laurel and Hardy – 400ft b/w snd £12
{{1433 Helpmates – Laurel and Hardy – 400ft b/w snd £14}}- Now own
1519 Men of War – Laurel and Hardy – 400ft b/w snd £12
1531 Tit for Tat – Laurel and Hardy – Plus Date to Skate – Popeye – 600ft b/w snd £14
1608 Beau Hunks – Laurel & Hardy 2x400ft b/w Sound £22

This order would cost me $282 Canadian, before shipping.....

[ December 30, 2014, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Mathew James ]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2014 04:15 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alex. Yes I had a reply after just a few days and my films have been delivered.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 28, 2014 04:54 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, no worries Alex...glad you heard back from Ian,Johnathan.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2014 09:20 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ps thanks for the offer Andrew. I didn't see that bit on first reading!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 29, 2014 03:51 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Anytime Johnathan.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 29, 2014 05:28 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthew, I won films on EBay UK about a month ago but the seller cancelled the sale as I am not living in the UK. He sent me an almost rude message and didn't answer when I asked him if there was any chance to buy the films as I was (it was clear from the beginning) ready to pay for the postage. So, it seems that we should consider ourselves Lucky when we can buy at all from foreign countries. I named UK as it happened recently but a similar (the rude message from the seller, less) happened once with EBay France and in 99 % of the time, the British sellers are wonderful.

--------------------
Dominique

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 29, 2014 08:25 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthew, when I was in Toronto, I made a couple orders from Ian and he was willing to send my order via Royal Mail small parcel (untraceable). You know the risk here but for me nothing to worry...it is £5.10 for a 400' (eqv 400 grams) or around $CAD9.

Ian never marked up the postage, same case with Phil of CHC and Barry of Indie 8. And last but not least no my parcels have gone missing although they were sent by small packet service.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2014 10:44 AM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi., Jonathan. Thanks for the info nice to see that you had a reply and that you got the films that you wanted and may i wish you all the best for 2015. Have a Super 8 New Year. Alex.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 29, 2014 01:12 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian is one of those great stalwarts of the Super 8 hobby that's not just a business man, but a fond lover of the gauge as well, and always a top notch person to deal with! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2014 03:15 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
I'm very sorry that some of you have been having a problem sending and receiving e-mails, but we had a system crash two days after posting the list.
I have had my I.T man working on the problem and he informs me it's something to with having 15,000 e-mails in my in box so Freeserve decided to shut me down !
Anyway, should be up and running again by the new year.
I would like to take this oppertunity to wish everybody a Super 8 new year. [Smile]

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2014 08:53 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you ian god bless you and your dear wife [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 30, 2014 04:21 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
All the very best Ian for 2015. I say it early as I don't expect to be in any fit state to write my name, let alone a sentence this time tomorrow!

--------------------

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2014 03:22 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ian ,
Same message goes for me to - hope you have a great New Years eve and a tremendous 2015 - by the way if you've got any features left at the end of January - could you let me know as its birthday time again !!!!!

Dave

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC