8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Americom Horror Films on eBay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Americom Horror Films on eBay
David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2015 08:14 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's some Americom Super 8mm films with records - http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-8-AMERICOM-RE CORD-FILMS-CURSE-BIRTH-HORROR-ON-3-X-200-REEL-GOOD-/111566866299?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

--------------------
Dave

|  IP: Logged

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2015 10:23 PM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine had the Americom version of The Cosmic Monsters. He had a devil of a time trying to properly synch up the record with his projector and never got it quite right. A cool idea that just didn't work. At least in my experience. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2015 10:23 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes , same thing with me years ago.....but one thing I did was record the records onto a cassette tape . That synced it better than trying to play the record .
Yes I agree it was a neat idea at the time , before 8mm sound films came out .

--------------------
Dave

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2015 04:14 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Birth of Frankenstein works pretty well because there is not a lot of dialog. When they are speaking you don't usually see the actors lips so even if it is a second or so out of sync it still works well.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2015 10:14 PM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know what, we still enjoyed these films because there was no VHS or DVD's back then. It's my opinion that if you showed these condensed Super 8 films to today's kids, they'd probably scratch their heads and say," Why watch 10 minutes versions of films when you can own the entire movie on DVD?" These is a certain charm about them; imagine taking an entire 90 minute film and editing it down to ten minutes and yet still tell the story.

--------------------
Joe

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 12, 2015 03:05 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, you would be surprised how some kids like films shown with a cine projector, even without sound !

--------------------
Dominique

Vincent Zabbia
Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2015 12:19 PM      Profile for Vincent Zabbia   Author's Homepage   Email Vincent Zabbia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Americom "A Haunting We Will Go"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371238791088?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

--------------------
Vincent Zabbia

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC