8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Please Kodak, make Ektachrome 100D again, Please!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Kodak, make Ektachrome 100D again, Please!
Roger Faires
Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2015 03:05 PM      Profile for Roger Faires   Email Roger Faires   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Folks,

I don't want to go into the night quietly on the topic of the super 8 film stocks we grew up with and love fading into memory like Barney Miller, typewriters or minibikes. Somethings one has to give up, but really great super 8 reversal films should not be among them. They are still damn useful. So I, like I'm sure some of you have already have written to Kodak beseeching them to reintroduce some of they're now discontinued stocks such as the surprisingly great Ektachrome 100D. I got a response back right away from a Mr. Christopher Veronda in Communications. Of course he said it's not like "flicking a switch" and it starts happening again - and he said he would forward my letter on, but in a follow up he said everyone there was quite gratified at the outpouring they receive about wanting the old stocks back and the fact that they still make motion picture film in any form at all.

I'm not saying flood these people with letters all at once, but can some of you (I hope most of you are) who are still interested in actually making films on Super 8, let Kodak know how you feel and what you want?!

Hell, someone somewhere still makes Idaho Spud candy bars and I don't know anybody who eats those! Kodak can certainly reboot their reversal film line. I pointed out to him that several unscrupulous people are trying to sell the expired version on eBay for $150 or more a pop!

No one can tell me there ain't a market for it. I'm good for 50 or so rolls a year if they start up again. Are you in?!

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 10, 2015 03:36 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to start back filming again Roger, but for me they would not only have to reintroduce reversal stock but also stock with a laminated stripe. Then I would be among the first to write to them if I thought there was any chance whatsoever and we still had a lab to support the venture here in the UK.

Sadly though, I don't think I should hold my breath.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 10, 2015 03:45 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd sooner have 100D back than the (sainted) Kodachrome 40!

The couple of rolls I've shot with it were absolutely wonderful, although if they still are in 30 years time will tell!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 10, 2015 03:51 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I always liked K40 Steve, so I can only imagine how good 100D was having never used it. I guess it must have been amazing stuff then?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 10, 2015 07:54 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's very nice: actually to my eye the colors are more natural than K-40, the reds look really good.

Not to dismiss K-40 at all: Friends of the family dug up a bunch of old Kodachrome home movies that had been sitting in a box in their basement for years. I re-spliced and later projected the films for them. It was as if somebody shot the film last week with 1960s costuming and vintage cars.

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2015 11:54 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one box of Ektachome 64t in the freezer next to two Swanson Chicken Pot Pies. The refrigerator is mostly Lone Star Beer and a jar of jalapeno peppers.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 11, 2015 12:49 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the first time in my life I have more black and white film than color!

-it's next to this huge bag of chocolate chips left over from Christmas cookies....although I really doubt it will last until next Christmas!

--------------------

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2015 06:17 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roger, give me the email addy and I will send a request. I do think we should all bombard Kodak with the same kinda request in the light of Kodak agreeing to provide Hollywood with film.........

Many thanks.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 11, 2015 08:47 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not meant to kill the joy but Kodak is not a Social Department, in fact it has filed bankruptcy.

What can we rely on a collapsed company like this?.

Now we can put our hope on to AGFA although many reports say it has much grainy result.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC