8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wizard of Oz/Adventures of Robin Hood (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Wizard of Oz/Adventures of Robin Hood
Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2015 03:24 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've watched 3 reels of the Derann print of "Gone With the Wind" that I bought last December. Talk about beautiful colors and a crisp picture. It really looks as good as 16mm with my set-up! If "Oz" and "Robin Hood" look like this, I'm ready! Doesn't anyone have one to sell?

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 09, 2015 04:42 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had "Wizard of Oz" the Derann print and it was good but not as good as "Gone with the Wind". "Gone with the Wind" is one of the most beautiful prints that they ever made. Really stunning and the colors are so saturated. Stunning print. The "Wizard of Oz" is a really nice one but not quite as nice. [Smile]
I owned one Red Fox print, "Jack the Giant Killer". Terrible film but the quality of the print was amazing. Saturated colors and pin sharp. Really great quality.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 09, 2015 06:39 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have got that said "terrible film" Rik! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]
I would love to own a well looked after print of G.W.T.W. one day.

[ May 09, 2015, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 09, 2015 07:09 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I have to admit.. I did like it when I was 12 or 13. I think I refer to it now as the "Poor mans 7th Voyage of Sinbad"!
I think the lead was the same actor even!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 09, 2015 07:49 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Quite right Rik, but it is cleverly done for the effects considering when it was made. [Smile] [Wink]

Don't have 7th Voyage.. so I cannot comment, but I am sure you're correct.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2015 10:18 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Either of these prints turned up anywhere? Anyone want to help a fella out?

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2015 06:46 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And still looking!

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2015 03:20 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a portion of the Super 8 "Adventures of Robin Hood" while at Cinesea in October. It wasn't for sale- the owner brought it along to share it with me to see how a print looked. I was definitely impressed, and would love a copy. Anyone know of one for sale or interested in selling theirs?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 21, 2015 10:46 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think a member by the name of Aksay Nanjagud has it and some other excellent color prints. He just gave up with hobby and was offering his prints and equipments. The good side he lives in the States.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC