8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » The Little Match Girl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Little Match Girl
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 19, 2015 07:46 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Simply have to point this little gem out to ALL our fellow collectors.

I have this print already and have spoken on here about it in the past, but if there is one classic Christmas film you simply must have, it is this little gem.

They never ever come up on e bay, so go grab it while you can. If it is in unmarked condition, even at this price, it's a bargain based on current e bay prices for rare desirable LPP one reelers.

http://www.fosterfilms.co.uk/8mmcartoons.htm

Look under "Various Cartoons". [Smile]

Also the "Red Fox" Lpp print of "Peace On Earth" is in there, not quite as hard to find as the above title, but again, you don't see it for sale too often especially in its original R.F.box!

[ May 20, 2015, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 20, 2015 01:42 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Andrew. I have this film as well, (Little Match Girl). This reprint in on low fade stock, and is very sharp, much better than the original printings of it from years ago.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 24, 2015 12:29 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this as well. I got my print from Paul Foster as well and it is beautiful.
But I got another one off of Ebay which wasn't as good. It had a lot of vertical movement and the sound was really muffled. I sold that one so if you are not getting it from a reputable seller buyer beware! Its a great cartoon though and print quality is excellent. (Or should be!)

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 24, 2015 04:48 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is first class also Rik. I didn't know poor quality later versions on Lpp existed so thanks for the warning Rik. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 24, 2015 08:23 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it must have been a lab printing error that was sent back and never destroyed.
There must be countless types of prints that should have been dumped but never were. I had a print of the full length "Fog" from Derann. It was printed soft and slightly out of focus. I sent it back to Derann, it was on their used lists, and purchased another one a few years later that was pin sharp and perfect! And I had a copy of the "Terminator" that had vertical movement every few frames as well.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC