8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Blackpool Pleasure Beach footage wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blackpool Pleasure Beach footage wanted
Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2015 05:18 AM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking to create a compilation of Blackpool Pleasure Beach across the last 50+ years and your footage is wanted.
Prepared to pay for the loan/purchase of your footage with full credits acknowledged to the original owner. All footage on any gauge considered no matter the length.

--------------------
Ron

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 05, 2015 05:40 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
i take it you already have the Mountain film "Roller Coaster" or was it "Big Dipper" Ron?

I have a very small piece of personal footage taken from the "Big Wheel" on the pier which captures in the background the Pleasure Beach but as it also contains footage of my late father I couldn't ever part with it sadly Ron. Loan maybe, but never pass it on. it is only silent footage by the way.

[ June 05, 2015, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2015 04:40 PM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Andrew, yes, I do have both of these, but thank you for mentioning them. It is private footage I am seeking, though due to the exceptionally sentimental nature of the material you mention, I would absolutely hate to risk even a guaranteed postage, for fear of loss of such an important memory. Nonetheless, I do hope when you view it, the footage gives you some happy memories.

--------------------
Ron

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 05, 2015 05:09 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ron, yes of course, it's a keeper from my point of view even though it's no Spielberg! Ha ha.
It's there Ron, should you ever decide it could be of any use for you to copy etc etc [Razz]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2015 02:23 AM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Andrew, that's exceptionally kind. I've just watched 200' of 1960's super 8 homemade footage of the Pleasure Beach, that is on loan and it's a little shaky at times, but great to see some of the rides in action that no longer exist.

--------------------
Ron

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC