8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WTB: Alien/Aliens, Blade Runner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB: Alien/Aliens, Blade Runner
Joel Whybrow
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2015 09:42 AM      Profile for Joel Whybrow   Email Joel Whybrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I've seen some rather nice S8 prints lately I'm open to the idea of these on the smaller format now, again, in scope and not faded. Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree with Alien and BR but I at least know Aliens was on S8.

Again I will pay good money for these and have cash waiting!

Any similar sci-fi titles will also be considered.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 07, 2015 12:05 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
so was Alien Joel also from Derann but Bladerunner I have never seen on S8.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Joel Whybrow
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2015 12:23 PM      Profile for Joel Whybrow   Email Joel Whybrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know, so if Steven can find reel 3 of BR I will be set [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 08, 2015 12:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joel, there was a "Bladerunner" original theatrical trailer released as part of the now classic Sci-Fi trailer reel!

Sadly, most people who bought the trailer reel split it up (to make more of a profit in selling the trailers), but occasionally, you can find the whole trailer reel all together, there is a review of that trailer reel on this website!

(or, at least, I think there was a review, but I just checked the index and I couldn't find it. Could someone make a link if it does exist?)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2015 02:54 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went though about 50 unmarked reels last weekend trying to match stuff up - but so far, no luck with Blade Runner... Did find the missing reels for about a dozen other features...So that's something... Will keep looking - I really hope it's here somewhere!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 08, 2015 03:18 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Steven, are all the odd reels 16mm films?
Also sent you another new PM regarding the optical print.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Joel Whybrow
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2015 07:04 PM      Profile for Joel Whybrow   Email Joel Whybrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good to know Osi, I will keep an eye out.

Not great news from Steven though, keeping my fingers firmly crossed that it turns up, I'm very much looking forward to seeing it on the big screen, I missed my chance recently at a showing in London and can't see it happening again!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC