8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Super 8 films for sale (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Super 8 films for sale
Richard Pope
Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2015 05:58 PM      Profile for Richard Pope   Email Richard Pope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forum Members:

I have a large number of Super 8 films that I was hoping to sell and have been told that this is the group to go to... The films came from my step-uncle who was an avid film guy and it would be great to see them go to others with similar interests. We have about 35 different full length films - Titles include:

-Murder on the Orient Express
-High Noon
-Rosemarys Baby
-Scarface
-Godfather
-African Queen
-etc.
-etc.

I can provide a complete list if people are interested. They all appear to be in great shape (I know they were well taken care of) and I have at least viewed Murder on the Orient Express (sound and visual seemed ok to me).

I also have a couple of projectors including an Elmo GS1200 (works). Again would love to see these items go to those who have a passion for old films, etc.

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Richard

Thanks in advance

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 06, 2015 06:27 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, welcome to the forum,This is indeed the place for such items as well as your projector and a full list of titles would be very much sought after here!

Your Step-Uncles projector and film collection are exactly the type of items that are in demand by all collectors of the small guage.

I have one or two of the titles you list already but Rosemary's Baby for example, is indeed a title I myself have looked high and low for in the past and never found a decent one so far.
Let me know of its quality please if you can take a look at it.

If you could provide us all with some screenshots from all of your films using the GS1200 and a simple digital camera, this will certainly help your sales and give all of the collectors on here an idea of the quality of your films.

If the condition of the films is excellent, this will enable you to get the best price for each title.

Best of luck with the sales Richard and keep us all posted.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2015 06:43 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you a PM!

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2015 08:37 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard,
Yes, please provide a complete list here, but with the PRICES you want for each film. I hope you're not looking for bidders. Good luck with your sales...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Richard Pope
Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2015 09:46 PM      Profile for Richard Pope   Email Richard Pope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks to everyone who responded to my intial post... I am definitely "talking" to the right folks!

Andrew - thanks for the welcome. Appreciate your suggestion to try and get some screenshots from each of the films using the GS1200. To be honest I wish there was an easier way, as I am not too handy with the unit... but will give it a go.

I will get a list of the movies and details out asap. With regards to prices I will need to confirm, hopefully based on my ability to get screen shots and an idea of quality. Please be patient, at this is certainly a new area for me. With regards to prices, all I would be looking for is a fair price, I am not looking to get people bidding against each other...to be honest, just as important to me is the fact that these movies are going to such a tight group, passionate about old films, etc... my step-uncle would like that. He was head of english at Huron Colleget in Ontario and taught a number of film courses... it was one of his passions.

Again please bear with me... and I will get additional info out asap.

Cheers,
Richard

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 07, 2015 04:00 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, the screenshots are merely just for people to get an impression of the overall quality of the films. Most collectors will know what to expect regarding the sharpness of the print etc.

However by running each one through the machine before sale time, you and therefore they, will get a better understanding of whether the print has any scratches (green or black vertical lines) in the prints and generally how things are holding up regarding the colours on the print and the soundtrack etc etc.

I assume you already know Richard, that colour prints do fade over the years, some more that others it has to be said.
This is one of the main reasons to post screenshots whenever selling older films, just so people get an idea of what the colour is like as it does vary wildly in many cases.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 07, 2015 05:19 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, send one to me

Michel Boulet
Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2015 06:00 AM      Profile for Michel Boulet   Email Michel Boulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Richard, please send me a complete list.

thanks, Michel.

Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2015 01:45 PM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Richard, I have sent you a PM. Thanks

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2015 02:16 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Richard, you got a private mail.Thanks

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2015 08:38 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Richard, you've got a private mail.Thanks

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Richard Pope
Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2015 02:29 PM      Profile for Richard Pope   Email Richard Pope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forum Members,

Apologies for the delay but please find below a list of the films I have with some details regarding reels sizes. I have also included a few photos to illustrate a few of the films - It's a Wonderful Life and Godfather II. I will also send out the full excel spreadsheet to those that sent me a PM.

Adventures of Tom Sawyer 1X1200'; 1X400'
African Queen 2X1200'
Casablanca 2X1200'
Chinatown 2X1200'; 1X400'
Citizen Kane 2X1200'
Dr Strange Love 2X1200'
Dr Zhivago 1X1200'; 1X400'
Duel in the Sun 1X1200'; 1X800'
Fairwell to Arms 2X1200'
Forbidden Planet 2X1200'
Godfather 3X1200'; 1X800'
Godfather II 3X1200'; 1X800'
High Noon 2X1200'
High Society 1X1200'
Hindenberg 1X800'
Invasion of the Body Snatchers 2X1200'
It’s a Wonderful Life 2X1200'; 1X800'
King Kong 2X1200'
Meet John Doe 2X1200'
Murder on the Orient Express 2X1200'; 1X800'
Our Town 2X1200'
Poltergeist 2X1200'
Rosemary's Baby 2X1200'
Saturday Night Fever 2X1200'
Scarface 2X1200'
Shall We Dance 2X1200'
Singing in the Rain 2X1200'
Stagecoach 2X1200'
The Circus 2X1200'
The Dirty Dozen 2X1200'
The Lady Vanishes 2X1200'
The Scarlet Claw 1X1200'; 1X800'
To be or not to be 1X1200'; 1X800'
To Catch a Thief 2x1200'
Victor / Victoria 2X1200'; 1X800'

Same film case:
Science Fiction: Invisible Man, Franks Bride, Shrinking Man 1x1200'
Empire Strikes Back, Black Hole, Close Encounters 1x1200'

Same film case:
Thoroughly Modern Millie, Seven brides for Seven Brothers 1x1200'
American in Paris; Singing in the Rain 1x1200'

Same film case:
Cops, The immigrant 1X1200'
Adventurer, Easy Street 1X1200'

Same film case:
Nosferatu 1X1200'
Dracula; Dracula 79 1X1200'

Hope this info is useful.

Cheers,
Richard

Its a Wonderful Life

-

Godfather II

-

Eric Segelberg
Junior

- posted August 08, 2015 03:24 PM      Profile for Eric Segelberg   Email Eric Segelberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent you a pm [Smile]

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2015 04:16 PM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi., Richard, Did you get my e-mail.

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2015 10:00 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me know if Poltergeist is still available I will buy! Email me at onedelorean@yahoo.com.

Also Interested in your GS1200!

Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2015 03:22 AM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Richard, can I have Forbiden planet and the Godfather.
Thanks

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2015 03:28 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Richard,
I have send You a PM.
Thank You,
Oliver

Ferran Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2015 03:46 AM      Profile for Ferran Gimenez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Richard.
PM sent.
Regards.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 09, 2015 11:30 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent Richard. Thank you

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2015 08:52 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Richard did you get my message?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Richard Pope
Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2015 11:48 PM      Profile for Richard Pope   Email Richard Pope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quick question for the group regarding Poltergeist - how do you tell the difference between Scope and flat versions?
Thanks
Richard

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2015 02:00 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent a few days ago.

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2015 02:54 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Richard

I would greatly appreciate a reply to the two PMs I have sent you although I realise you are probably very busy with many questions from collectors about these films.

My offer for the one title I want stands regardless of its condition so would be a very straightforward sale if you want to proceed.

Kevin

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2015 05:04 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

just a word - I had the Godfather full length on 8mm about 10 years ago and it was fading then. That was such a shame as a good print otherwise. [Smile]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 10, 2015 06:46 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Richard, Just a reminder that i have sent you a PM. Thank you

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC