8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Still looking for Poltergeist Flat Version (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Still looking for Poltergeist Flat Version
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 25, 2016 12:01 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well hey, I can't argue with that logic, and I've had much worse explanations as to why I buy a film for 100.00 dollars when I can get it for 5.00 dollars on a DVD! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Alexander Prell
Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2016 05:13 AM      Profile for Alexander Prell   Email Alexander Prell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi, can you explain that you are looking for another version of "The fox and the hound" (not Perrys but Derann) - otherwise for you: the blu ray is perfect and much cheaper...
We all have our favorites! That's the crazzy thing on collecting...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 26, 2016 11:53 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Perry's version of the "The Fox and The Hound" has some image issues, and some excessive scratches here and there. Otherwise, I'd be happy with it. Besides, NOW IU have a carving for the Derann print, as I know it has to be stellar!

... and "Grizzly"? Well, anyone who knows me, knows my undying passion for this film. Heck! I'd love to have a great color print of that one on 16MM AND 35MM. (I once had the trailer for it on 35MM, but it was a sadly faded Fuji purple mess!) [Smile]

But hey, we are one crazy lot of folks, aren't we, and I wouldn't have it any other way. LOCK ME UP, (as long as it's with my films!)

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 26, 2016 04:07 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
A carving???

I sure hope not Osi!!
It's a beautiful print and one of my favourites here from Derann.

If you desire a carving, may I suggest a nice slice of Beef.
Chateaubriand perhaps for yourself and your good lady.

It's far tastier and will cost you a whole lot less, as well as being far less destructive in the grand scheme of things here! [Wink] [Big Grin]

Seriously though,

You may have to spend big though Osi, if you truly desire a very nice Derann print of "The Fox & The Hound".
Not too many around now in the condition you desire.
So when they do surface..expect to pay premium price for this one.

[ April 26, 2016, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 27, 2016 11:43 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A craving! (must proof read more carefully)!

I shall search ...

I shall find ...

Grizzly awaits my search as well!

As the Duke said ...

"Well find em, I'll promise you that!"

--------------------

Alexander Prell
Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2017 08:36 AM      Profile for Alexander Prell   Email Alexander Prell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still looking for... Anyone outwthere who will sell?

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 17, 2017 11:42 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say i bought the flat version recently but would certainly like a scope one [Wink]

Andreas Benz
Junior

- posted July 18, 2017 10:08 AM      Profile for Andreas Benz   Email Andreas Benz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a flat print of Poltergeist for sale at CHC. It's the first feature on the Super 8 page!
http://www.classichomecinema.co.uk/

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2017 10:10 AM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid it's not the derann full feature.
it seems it's a digest

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2017 11:02 AM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got that print and it was actually the full feature flat, mounted on 4 x 600ft reels. Very good it is, too.

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2017 11:17 AM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one on the CHC listing is a 4x400 an mgm edition
It no longer appears on the latest list received via email.

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2017 06:59 AM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bruno, I bought that film off CHC's list. That's why it no longer appears. I was in fact 6 x 400ft respliced onto 4 x 600ft reels.

Alexander Prell
Master Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2017 06:13 AM      Profile for Alexander Prell   Email Alexander Prell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am still hoping to find a copy for me, perhaps for christmas?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC