8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Derann STAR WARS on eBay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann STAR WARS on eBay
Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2016 03:32 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Item number 221988202111 (SOLD)
Scope and Stereo Derann print
Thanks

[ January 07, 2016, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Alberto Carlo Vangelisti ]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 06, 2016 04:26 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Alberto, you will never get your best price for this film unless you list it as a global sale item.

2 bids with only 2 days to go...all in the last couple of hours.

Positively unheard of for this title!

Do yourself a favour, and list the film to ship worldwide and then watch the bids come flooding in.

Welcome to the forum BTW. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 03:26 AM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thank you for your advice Andrew.
I corrected my listing on ebay. The new item number is now:221988202111
Now it included shipping the item worldwide.

.... Three days is enough time to reflect and decide.
Regards

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 10:20 AM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alberto, I sent you a Personal Message

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 12:17 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Julian,
I replied.

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 01:21 PM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alberto, it´s a personal message through this forum. You can access your personal messages through the link in the upper right side of the page in the MY PROFILE link.

Thomas Velbinger
Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 01:41 PM      Profile for Thomas Velbinger   Email Thomas Velbinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
now your auction on ebay is running well!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 07, 2016 02:29 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems to have been removed from EBay.

--------------------
Dominique

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 02:55 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am unsure if rules are different for ebay in other places than US and Canada, but over here, you can loose your account for pulling auctions that are not BIN auctions if they find out.

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 07, 2016 02:59 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many people may sell an item through different avenues and if it sells somewhere else you do have the option on Ebay USA to cancel an auction due to "Item not available any longer" or some wording like that.
Yes its a little disappointing and possibly short sighted if the seller received an offer much less than the film is potentially worth but Se La Vie. Everyone has their own tipping point.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 03:36 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan I heard about this policy you mentioned but I seem to recall it's not possible to withdraw an item after it has received one or more bids.

--------------------
Maurizio

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2016 04:01 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Alan, you're absolutely right ... depending on your point of view ...
the fact is very simple.
On this forum I have given news of this film on sale on eBay.
If, for personal reasons, the film is now no longer available, eBay provides in its rules the close of the auction in advance by canceling the present offers.
Not the first time this happens ... and it will not be the last. I have more than 1,750 feedback on ebay ... once it can happen that you can close the auction in advance ... ebay allows and expects that this will happen ... it's all ...

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2016 09:01 AM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear forum members. I am very happy to inform, I bought the STAR WARS DERRAN print that was being sold by Alberto. I have been trying to get it for years. Finally I get my print.

I contacted Alberto through this forum and made him an offer. We cut a deal for an amount (which I won´t disclose) we both agree upon. People and companies have the liberty of removing there items form Ebay anytime, many of the items being sold or auction through Ebay are simultaneously being offered through other channels, the channel that gets the best deal first makes the sale.

I will post pictures of the print as soon as I get it.

Jason Schmidt
Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2016 09:55 AM      Profile for Jason Schmidt   Email Jason Schmidt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EBay / PayPal give buyers so many shady ways to screw sellers that I personally have no issues when a seller is able to work out a sale outside of EBay. Every time I sell a significant item on there and send it out I'm always worried the buyer will exploit the system and I'll be out my item. Thankfully it hasn't happened to me personally, but having to wait 21 days to get my money (AND the buyer gets 45 days to complain) is bad enough and causes me stress. So far I've had good buyers and I always accurately describe the item, ship right away, and get tracking, but from what I've seen this still doesn't protect against a buyer that wants to game the system.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 09, 2016 09:55 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see ebay have now bought out gumtree. They are another pain in the assignment company arnt they?everyone a company is born that rivals ebay and does it better or cheaper ebay just seem to buy them out, it's so annoying.

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2016 06:10 AM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello did not see the Auction but I think you have to say
In the description that item has been offerd elsewhere as
Well as listed on ebay,then you can end auction early.
Once I ended an auction early because I noticed after listing
That one reel of film was damaged and eBay warned me that
Ending auction early may disappoint the bidders.
And that I could have a strike put against my eBay rating ?

--------------------
t.smith

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 10, 2016 06:37 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, pulling up the running listing will not effect your ratings.

I never pulled up my listing but I have no objection on that act because Ebay allows it (except 24 hours before the listing ends)

--------------------
Winbert

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2016 09:03 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I reread the policy recently, and Winbert is correct.
You can indeed pull the auction 'if there is a problem with the listing OR if the item is no longer available'.
Congrats to the buyer!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 10, 2016 09:39 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never readed the EBay conditions about that before. The text (in French) on EBay Belgium is unclear and has contradictions. The only point that cannot be misunderstood is that EBay will take commission if there were existing bids [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 10, 2016 10:01 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it only becomes more difficult to pull once you have bids,
If there are no bids its easy and fine to pull the item. [Wink]

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2016 02:03 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom your probably correct all I know is what message from
EBay said bidders will be disappointed are you sure you wish
To end auction early or something similar.

--------------------
t.smith

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 10, 2016 02:55 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are crafty arnt they, clearly they hope people will click no and keep it listed.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 10, 2016 09:00 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even if there is/are bid(s) on the listing, seller can pull it up except 12 hours before the listing end (not 24 hours as I wrote earlier).

Ebay.com: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html
Ebay.co.uk: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/end_early.html
French: http://pages.ebay.fr/help/sell/end_early.html

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2016 08:20 AM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Winbert,

and this is the same on eBay Italy:

http://pages.ebay.it/help/sell/end_early.html

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC