8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Derann DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE on eBay (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Derann DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE on eBay
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 30, 2016 03:09 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I suppose you do have the right to sell to whoever you wish, I agree Tom.

I can't help think though that if you were involved at the serious stages of the bidding war, then you would have some right to feel somewhat aggrieved however.

It's an argument most people I would have thought, can see both sides to.

This kind of thing will only ever increase while ever we have our established dealers and regular quality traders on e bay pulling away from the scene now sadly.

There simply isn't much of a supply chain now for the very best prints out there on S8 unfortunately.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2016 10:19 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually never enter into these kind of discussions, but this one is unfortunately to close to home.

I have really tried to get this film, I already have the two first and would like to have the whole set. So far I have been beaten in auctions three times and seen two auctions disappear before this one.

This time I was in the happy situation to have some extra funds available to use for this purchase. I was planning to do as I always do, place my max bid thirty seconds before the auction ends. Doing this I can see if the price have gone beyond my limit or not, and sometimes I can even put a lower max bid than I had settled on.

As I said, this time I was going to go "all in" to really get this copy, but was once again cheated.

Well all I can say to Alberto is: since I was going to put a max bid of a staggering €700 on this to be sure to get it, I hope you got a price that was higher than this. Otherwise you really made a bad call.

Well at least now I can use the money to buy three/four other features instead.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 30, 2016 11:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
This is of course,the downside of what I was saying.

It does cause huge disappointment by some genuine sincere collectors that were expecting to have a large chance of winning the item by the method advertised.

Very unlucky Lars.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC