8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Derann Gone With the Wind on eBay SOLD (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Derann Gone With the Wind on eBay SOLD
Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2016 05:44 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have listed a beautiful LPP Derann print of Gone With the Wind on eBay. It has been run once, and is still in the original Derann boxes. If you collect Super 8, this is one of those must-haves! Pictures are included in the eBay listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/222011564636?

Pictures of the actual print projected are in the listing.

|  IP: Logged

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2016 06:33 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... stunning print Jack

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 31, 2016 06:50 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful print. I wish I could afford it.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 31, 2016 06:58 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It is indeed Jack, the very best example I've seen of this title, I shall follow with great interest. [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2016 07:37 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew I sent a pm to you

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 31, 2016 07:49 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
One returned thanks Alberto!

--------------------

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2016 08:03 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I replied andrew

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 01, 2016 02:51 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've yet to see a poor copy of GWTW, we have this title and it is superb, exactly the same mounted onto 4 x 1200foot Elmo spools. A quality film like this deserves only the best spools.
Good luck with the sale. [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 01, 2016 03:04 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Quite right Tom! Stunning print.

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 01, 2016 03:14 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen it in person!

-wish I could afford what it's worth!

Good Luck, Jack!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2016 06:18 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes its a superb print of a classic feature film.
That's why i am holding on to my Super 8mm print.
I wonder how much it will sell for ?

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2016 06:41 AM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ending today!

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2016 07:26 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope it goes for a good price - mine is still in its original boxes and I've only watched it once - since purchasing

Harm Jan Heling
Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2016 08:35 AM      Profile for Harm Jan Heling   Author's Homepage   Email Harm Jan Heling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a gorgeous print, just stunning.

Is there actually a list of all LPP super-8mm prints ever made? I don't think many...

On eBay there are at this moment only two for sale: http://ebay.to/1SCaX8s

...and 82 LPP 16mm. prints!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 07, 2016 09:15 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as i know,(someone correct me if i am wrong please), but from around 1982-5 just about all Derann releases were printed onto LPP stock. [Wink]

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2016 04:15 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think LPP was brought in industry wise in early 1980s and Derek was well aware of the problem so when Derann started releasing new super 8 releases again around mid 1980s most if not all their releases were on low fade stock.

Hawk the Slayer ,Raise the Titanic , Never Ending Story and Gremlins would be early examples from that era. I am not aware of any Derann prints after that date showing signs of fade.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 07, 2016 04:18 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly all my earlier, later Derann stuff (if you catch my drift) appears to be Tom.
It seems to be later where the Agfa trend kicked in on large basis.

At the end of the day, I think they just took whatever was on offer from what I can gather. That included Fuji stock at times as well as Kodak and Agfa of course.

--------------------

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2016 06:34 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have resisted the film. There is still a reserve, but I lowered it. This will be the final listing, and I will not lower the reserve further.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 07, 2016 10:02 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack I have found with certain titles you should list it at the price you want for it. Some titles like this one at auction seem to sell anywhere from 400-650 depending on the time of year, number of watchers, etc. Yet a member here sold one for $900 a year or two ago. That was his number and thats what he got. Sometimes at auction things will go crazy like the Star Wars that went for $1800 but that is NOT the norm. If you let the auction run sometimes the item will fizzle in interest and it ends up at the price that yours ended at. But I have this copy and I think its a stunningly beautiful print and while i don't see it very often, well the whole way through, I would not sell my copy for less than I think its worth. Good luck with the sale. The new owner will see how beautiful Super 8 can be and also how great that film is and how beautiful and involving true celluloid over DVD's can be when projected.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 07, 2016 10:40 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have resisted the film.
Resistance is futile, Jack! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 08, 2016 03:28 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
These two are named as LPP Harm, but there will be many others if you know the titles that will be on the later better film stocks.

LPP is just one option, lets not forget. Agfa can be just as nice as I feel my latest screen shots posted prove.

--------------------

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2016 04:16 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember ian O'Reilly having a copy on one of his lists about a year or 2 ago wasn't on original spools but it was only £225 I think was on 1200ft spools wish I bought it but it was a choice of the three musketeers or this ohh well

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2016 05:07 AM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve- Auto correct strikes again. Whenever I write Cinesea it wants to change it to "Chinese", and Cinevent becomes "Convent". I have to watch it like a hawk.

My reserve is at the minimum I'm willing to let it go at. I'm not interested in selling it well below its value. I think what folks forget sometimes is that we sell our treasures because we need to, not because we want to.

I appreciate your good words Alan. If anyone wants to make an offer feel free. If the film doesn't sell, I may list it here at my minimum price.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 08, 2016 08:16 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Understood, Jack!

-I was just concerned the Borg had assimilated Tara!

Don't know nuthin' about birthin' no cyborgs!

--------------------

Jack Cleveland
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2016 07:06 PM      Profile for Jack Cleveland   Email Jack Cleveland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool Steve!!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC