8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted:Star Wars---Found!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted:Star Wars---Found!
William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 01:10 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might as well have a go haha if anyone is selling the full feature please let me know willing to pay 4 figures in pounds [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 04:12 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William - THREE different Star Wars films were on Ebay UK for less than 24 hours last week before getting snapped up!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2016 06:39 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have now found a copy [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 17, 2016 11:53 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the happy fraternity of STAR WARS feature film owners!

The most marketable feature film, on super 8, that you can possibly own, if you should ever have to re-sell it. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2016 12:26 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha now that i have found it i will never let it go [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 18, 2016 11:26 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel the same way about my "Cineavision" feature of the 1977 STAR WARS. I have the Derann 1982 re-release print that they used as well, as it does have slightly better color, but that 1977 version, (that was, quite thankfully, printed on early L.P.P. film stock), is EXACTLY what I saw in 1977, when i watched it three time in one day, (total daily diet of popcorn and soda), and then many times thereafter in the following day ...

though it did get my a spanking as, I was 10 and a half, and ripping off mom's purse for the ticket money after the first two days!

But, wow, I was so happy to see it again as, even with nearly every re-issue of the original version of STAR WARS, they still had little improvements here and there. This print has all the little flaws and stuff in it.

In fact, I compared closely, frame by frame with some scenes, the last battle sequence and in the 1977 version, it has a lot of the original splice lines and such that were in the very first issue of the film which, if you look at the later 1982 print (Derann), they were cleaned up out of the negative used.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC