8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Introduction/Wanted Sankyo 762 Power Chord

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Introduction/Wanted Sankyo 762 Power Chord
Terrance Kott
Junior

- posted January 28, 2017 06:04 PM      Profile for Terrance Kott   Email Terrance Kott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello All,

My name is Terry. I am from Kalamazoo, Michigan. I am just getting back into real film after not doing anything for about 25 years. We cleaned out our farmhouse after my grandmother died and I inherited all our "old" equipment. Fact is it probably would have been thrown out. But I saved everything because if you have ever fallen asleep to the sound of a projector or similar "sounds" you know what I am talking about. That is a short introduction [more at a later date and time].
-- I have a Sankyo 762 2-track sound projector and I cannot do anything with it until I get a power chord. It was bought probably around 1977-78 because 1978 was the first year I went to Canada fishing [at 12 years old]. Any help or leads would be most welcome. I can trade or pay cash.
I have two Instruction Manuals if anybody would like one. This is my first post so I do not know if you can send private messages but if so, and you need the manual, send me your address in a PM and I will send it to you. I have that "itch" to watch our fishing movies and family reunion videos and cannot scratch it until I get a power chord. Thank you. Since I have to go through the photo-upload process I will wait and learn that process on another post. The chord is female, two-holed, and the holes are round [instead of flat].

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 28, 2017 08:19 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Terry! I have found that some models of Kodak slide projectors used the same 2-prong cord as the Sankyo. I have bought these compatible cords from Ebay to fit my Sankyos that didn't come with a cord. Some are a little short...but you can always use an extension cord.

http://www.e bay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=AC+Power+Cord+Cable+for+KODAK+Slide+Projector+POWER+CORD+Carousel+ac+electric&_id=271192410996&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658

[ January 29, 2017, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Terrance Kott
Junior

- posted January 29, 2017 04:10 PM      Profile for Terrance Kott   Email Terrance Kott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Janice. I tried our DVD player chord, which has the same pattern but the holes are spread a bit wider.

Terrance Kott
Junior

- posted February 03, 2017 07:31 PM      Profile for Terrance Kott   Email Terrance Kott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just ordered a chord from E-bay for a Kodak Carousel. Hopefully it is the right one. It was cheap so no problem if it is not.
--- I just noticed that I posted this in the films category and not equipment. If a moderator wants to move it for me that would be fine.

Terrance Kott
Junior

- posted February 08, 2017 12:55 PM      Profile for Terrance Kott   Email Terrance Kott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my chord today. It does not work. So a chord from a Kodak Carousel does not work on a Sankyo 762.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 08, 2017 01:07 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't this specific model but I believe that these range of projectors were sold (at least in Europe) with the "standard" cord. Could you post a picture ?

This an example choosen for the picture but it is overpriced :

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Cable-alimentation-courant-3-pointes-PC-tv-LCD-Portable-moniteur-projecteur-1M-/191973305344?hash=item2cb2802c00:g:PeUAAOSwubRXEI0U

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 08, 2017 02:26 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry the cord didn't work for you Terrance. However... you can try and manipulate the socket holes to make them widder or closer together and sometimes slightly bending the prongs helps. There are different plugs being sold on ebay so I agree it's difficult to know which one is selling the correct size plug. I guess it's possible that Sankyo would design a different plug for the 762...but my guess it's only fractionally different.

-

--------------------
Janice

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2017 07:23 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here you can find and buy the power cord

http://www.oaktreevintage.com/accessories/8mm_Film_Projector_AC_Cable_Replacement.htm

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Terrance Kott
Junior

- posted February 09, 2017 04:42 AM      Profile for Terrance Kott   Email Terrance Kott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to a local mom & pop camera shop and he found a chord that worked. Cost? nothing, he gave it to me.
The chord that I got off the internet might actually work if I stick something in the female ends and "spread" them out a bit because they are split or notched so I think they will spread out some.
IN any case, I can now watch hours of Canadian fishing movies. Time to break out the popcorn. [Big Grin]
Also, we discussed a way to film the film with sound. All I need is a plate of glass and a mirror because you can't just film your film because of what he called a "Keystone effect". But in any case it will cost less than $100 bucks.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 09, 2017 05:07 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terrance, this would not be cheap, especially ith the shipping costs (except if you find the same service in the US), but for your information, you can have a soundtrack added on your films and then record sound with a mike plugged on your projector. The German company I put a link to does it with a minumum of 60 mt(200ft).

http://www.ffr-film.de/index.php?page=bespurung&language=eng

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 09, 2017 07:31 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Acetate only though.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 09, 2017 08:50 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correct, if you have polyester home movie, you have to send them to Andec (also in Germany) http://www.andecfilm.de/en/e_start.htm

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 09, 2017 10:50 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Main stripe Track 1 only btw, pasted of course.

Funny isn't it Kodak banned themselves from using these substances for "environmental reasons" in 97 or whenever it was, yet they are still in use today some 20 years later. Convenient eh!! [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 09, 2017 02:46 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terrance as I said above...I have bought the Kodak compatible cords several times on Ebay... and yes some fit better than others, but they can be made to work.

Glad you found a cord for free...That's even better! [Smile]

Enjoy your films!

--------------------
Janice

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2017 04:58 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for general information, I have several Thrift Stores near me. They all have numerous cords for sale for only a couple of bucks. If you need a cord, try a Thrift Store if one is nearby.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC