8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Looking for Features

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for Features
Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2017 09:27 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, kicking around the idea of getting back into the hobby again. I am looking for some features on super 8 I will consider 16mm too if you have some. Would really love to find 2001, or The Godfather but I'm open to just about anything

|  IP: Logged

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2017 01:14 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Austin! Hope all is well. I've been contemplating selling a feature or two to fund my 16mm camera. First up that I might sell is Fantastic Voyage- full feature, super 8 , scope. Unfortunately I believe there are some lab marks in it. Let me know if you have any interest in it. Thanks!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 02, 2017 11:43 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might be hard top find that "2001" in scope. I know that there was a "Cineavision' style scope print, but it wasn't printed on low fade film stock, and so, most of those prints are already starting to turn, color wise, in the wrong direction, so be cautious as, even if you find a print with no fade, it will eventually, and, of course, you don't want to invest in something that is going to lose it's value, sooner or later.

I don't know if there were any average super 8 scope prints, printed on low fade stoc. If anyone knows of any, I'd love to know.

But it is certainly a film that MUST be seen in scope, that is for sure! if it was printed in flat versions, to me, It wouldn't be worth the collecting.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2017 11:48 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

So far as I can remember "2001 Space Odysse" has been released By D. Kempski (Full Feature , Scope).

So, to be confirm

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2017 08:54 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I can concur that having owned x3 Super 8 Scope prints of 2001: A Space Odyssey (all in very nice vinyl cases) that they were all on the turn to red to varying degrees... all sold on now though! I really wanted them to be so much better but it was never to be. Such a shame Derain didn't release it in Scope 😕
Rick

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2017 01:42 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I think only 2010 - The Year we make Contact was released by Kempski on low fade stock.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC