8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Swap/Trade: Those Magnificent Men... Derann

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Swap/Trade: Those Magnificent Men... Derann
Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2017 06:18 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a beautiful copy of Those Magnificent Men in the Their Flying Machines (5 x 600ft Scope/Stereo) with original box and spools. This is considered to be one of Derann's finest prints, and the picture has incredible detail and vivid colour. All frames and countdowns are intact, plus I have added long white acetate leader to each reel with CIR splices.

I'm not looking to sell at this point, but am very interested to see if anyone would like to swap it for another title, particularly if you might have two or more copies of one of those titles, and are considering shifting one.

The titles I would like to make a swap for, preferably in Scope, are:

Alien
Aliens
Capricorn One
Dr Zhivago
Indy III
Poltergeist
West Side Story

Not sure if this is wishful thinking, but please let me know via PM if you're interested. I would also take return swap without question if someone was unhappy with the print. I can forward pics and a short video of projected images via e-mail if you establish contact.

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2017 09:48 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to point out (as I have been caught making the same mistake) Aliens was not made in scope and therefore you won't find it in that format but only slightly masked flat prints.

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2017 12:50 PM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know. Thanks, Brian.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC