8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Eumig film trimmer needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig film trimmer needed
Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2017 11:44 PM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an 824, and I know the film trimmer is built in, but the one in the projector I got never worked, it makes the eumig a film krinkeler, I had bought one of those silver ones that come with the 700 series because its the only one that gives the film what I call "the eumig end" so that the film will reach the take up reel instead of it bunching up in the film path. I Know what all of you are saying "it should work" yeah I know but it doesnt and I lost the separate film trimmer that used to make it work. if you have one I really need it. thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 19, 2017 05:54 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Ken,

If you also have an Elmo projector I may have an elternative for you. I find my Elmos choke on anything but the Elmo (curved) trim, but my Eumig 800 series accepts either the Eumig (straight with angled corners) trim or the Elmo one without any complaints.

Here everything gets the Elmo trim. As a matter of fact I'd gladly give you my Eumig trimmer if whoever owned my machine before me didn't epoxy it onto the case.

-I doubt there would be much left of either once I chiseled it off!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Kenneth DePriest Jr
Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2017 03:34 PM      Profile for Kenneth DePriest Jr   Email Kenneth DePriest Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do! thanks for the tip!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC