8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Derann Cartoons wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann Cartoons wanted
Iman Yahya
Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2018 05:37 AM      Profile for Iman Yahya   Email Iman Yahya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably a bit of a long shot but looking for any of the following cartoons, preferably in good clean condition.

MGM Derann/Red Fox:
BOTTLES
CALICO DRAGON
GARDEN GOPHER - Tex Avery
HEAVENLY PUSS - Tom & Jerry
MOUSE CLEANING - Tom & Jerry

Disney Derann:
BEARLY ASLEEP - Donald, scope
MOTHER GOOSE GOES HOLLYWOOD
NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
TOOT PLUNK WHISTLE AND BOOM - scope
WILLIE THE OPERATIC WHALE

Will also consider any other rare/unusual cartoons on low-fade stock.

Thanks in advance!

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 03, 2018 11:20 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you find, "Heavenly Puss", boy! Are you in for a treat! It has to be one of the sharpest super 8 prints I have ever ran across for a classic cartoon, Tom and Jerry or otherwise and the color is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

It really in one of the cartoon releases that really "sets the bar"!

"Bearly Asleep" in scope is also a very sharp print as well.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Iman Yahya
Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2018 02:50 PM      Profile for Iman Yahya   Email Iman Yahya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was really intrigued when I stumbled upon your review Osi. While the majority of Warner's recent Tom & Jerry HD remasters have come out looking pretty nice, they seem to have dropped the ball on HEAVENLY PUSS. The new HD master looks unusually dark, contrasty and slighly dupey. I'm really curious to see how the Red Fox/Derann Super 8 fares since the neg very likely came from MGM direct. I can't fathom how they can't have superior elements in their vaults if they were able to provide a good enough neg to strike stunning-looking prints 30+ years ago.

(BTW thanks again Osi for the PICNIC PANIC print. Haven't been able to stripe it yet but ran it again last week, pretty stunning quality for an obscure toon)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC