8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » W/T/B Poltergeist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: W/T/B Poltergeist
Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2018 11:31 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Prefer scope but will settle for flat. Good color and no lines a must. Top dollar. Thank you!!

|  IP: Logged

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2018 12:49 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan,

take a look at ebay.com: 122972353918

Poltergeist, flat, top
Pictures are included!

Good luck

Regards
Oliver

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2018 10:13 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Oliver

Yes, I did see that, at that price I wish it was scope. Strange, the "Buy it Now" has increased since yesterday. It was cheaper then the asking for the Bond film.

Question, does anyone know how this is done? how does buying through Ebay in another country work? I tried logging in using my US account but it will not accept the login. Do I need to open a new account?

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2018 11:24 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But the flat version is from Missouri and it is still BUY IT NOW.

There is a Scope version, Derann, spanish sound from Spain, too; do You mean this?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 22, 2018 11:50 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tell you, if you are able to track down an original kempski scope print of this title, you will be absolutely FLOORED at bot only the sharpness but the incredible COLOR!!!

I don't know if Derann kept the original leaders on all of these print. I do know that mine has on it's leader before the countdown, "D.Kempski", and is an agfa print. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 22, 2018 12:22 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Poltergeist-1982-Super-8-Sound-Feature-LPP-Red-Fox-Films/122972353918?hash=item1ca1b9357e:g:rOUAAOSwmSdah7mC

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2018 03:13 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Oliver and Alan:)

The Redfox print looks to have nice color and sharpness. Cany always tell from pictures but the scope version looks soft.
Can anyone comment on the Derann scope version if you have seen it? Would you consider it right up there in quality by Deranns standards?

Osi, I would love a copy of the kempski version, I have seen screen caps, I agree the quality is top notch.
I think these are getting rarer as time goes by.

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2018 03:46 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,
I own the Derann print and it’s true that it is on the soft side.
But it’s not „The Little Mermaid“-soft.
And I don’t think that this feature works in flat.
I am happy with the scope version.
I screened it on a 3 metres screen and it looked great.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 22, 2018 04:52 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have it and I think its a little soft as well. But its very impressive in Scope and really is the way it should be seen. Especially the scene with the clown and the little boy. It's ruined in the Pan and Scan version. But the flat version looks much sharper to me.

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2018 06:25 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The person selling the scope version does not list selling to the US so I tried to contact him but he does not take any questions. He will only take bank transfers and no returns.
I do not like not being able to contact him. this seams is a little risky.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 23, 2018 04:13 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The above link is a flat version, is there a scope one for sale somewhere?

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2018 04:41 PM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, follow this link

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/SUPER-8-MM-POLTERGEIST-5-X-600-RL-SOUND-MAGNETIC-SPAIN-DERANN-SCOPE/173143596828?hash=item2850299f1c:g:lM4AAOSwhfdaU6xe

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 24, 2018 06:01 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Bruno

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC