8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted in super 8 sound feature -Plan 9 from outer space - starring Bela Lugosi

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted in super 8 sound feature -Plan 9 from outer space - starring Bela Lugosi
Philippe Cuypers
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2018 11:04 AM      Profile for Philippe Cuypers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO
EVERYONE
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAVE FOR SALE THE TITLE
PLAN 9 FOM OUTER SPACE STARING BELA LUGOSI, VAMPIRA , THOR JOHNSON A BMOVIES ? IN THE FORMAT -SUPER 8 SOUND MAGNETIC STRIPE.

PLEASE INDICATE
1 THE PRICE $
2 CONDITIONS
3 IN BOXES OR LOOSE ON REELS
ETC..... THANK YOU ALL
[Eek!] [Confused] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Philippe Cuypers

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 15, 2018 11:27 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have never owned this feature on super 8, just keep in mind that the provider of this feature (I don't remember if it was a Niles print or not), was dealing with a VERY dupey print and at times, the image quality literally had little grey tones but almost straight blacks and glaring whites.

At least, that was my experience with this specific super 8 print.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 15, 2018 01:16 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then how in the world can a restored DVD be available - Just asking, whether true or not - Shorty

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2018 06:29 PM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Producer Wade Williams acquired Ed Wood's library in the early 80s, so his VHS and DVD releases are made from preprint materials, fine grains and 35mms. Wood completists proclaimed them to be the finest quality available.

The earlier, cheapo VHS releases and super 8mm prints were made from public domain knockoffs. I worked for a TV syndication company back then that had a horrible print of "Plan 9." Our lab (Technicolor!) would dupe the negatives, they'd wear out, so they'd just dupe some more to the point where it looked like stencils instead of actors.

TV stations would "film chain" the prints onto Sony U-matic videocassettes, which made them look even more horrible and added major noise to the soundtrack. You can still see U-matic films being broadcast on cheap TV stations today. If you're watching, oh, let's say "The Little Colonel", if it looks blurry as hell and a loud hissing sound rises up during silences on the soundtrack, you know you're watching a U-matic broadcast.

Philippe Cuypers
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2018 08:40 PM      Profile for Philippe Cuypers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO
THANK YOU FOR ALL FOR THE KNOWLEDGE ETC
ALL THE BEST PHI

--------------------
Philippe Cuypers

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2018 03:09 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only have a 200ft standard 8 cutdown of this and the picture quality is good.
Did Mountain Films also release a 4x400 version?

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2018 04:08 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mountain did a 4x400.

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2018 05:57 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is also the Full Feature release from Red Fox...nice contrast and pretty sharp, though a little grainy...Still the one to look for though.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 07, 2018 06:24 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice screenshots - which look better than my (not bad) 400' Super 8 version. I think the UK release boxes indicate a Heritage release rather than Mountain.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC