8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WTB Rosemary's Baby marketing print

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB Rosemary's Baby marketing print
Nicholas Fair
Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2018 05:52 PM      Profile for Nicholas Fair   Email Nicholas Fair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2018 12:04 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi nick which version are you looking for the 400’ select scenes? Or more

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 19, 2018 01:28 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are 400', 3 x 400' and full feature.

--------------------
Winbert

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2018 04:21 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi nick which version are you looking for the 400’ select scenes? Or more

--------------------
jim schrader

Nicholas Fair
Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2018 05:10 PM      Profile for Nicholas Fair   Email Nicholas Fair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More. Isn't there a 3 reel version?

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 19, 2018 06:27 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note Winbert's post above!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Nicholas Fair
Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2018 08:13 AM      Profile for Nicholas Fair   Email Nicholas Fair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, looking for the 3x400 print.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2018 07:04 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my experience, the 3 X 400' cut down has much better color than the full feature - which tends to be reddish and/or washed out. I love the film so much I have both... but the three reeler runs about an hour and is a real crowd pleaser. Definitely worth tracking down.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2018 02:07 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian what do you think the 3 reeler in great color is worth?

--------------------
jim schrader

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2018 01:32 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 3 reeler is worth collecting. It works quite well. The boxes are amazing.
But in my opinion it has a lack of athmosphere.
A lot of important scenes are missing (the house in its dark glory does not appear once in reel 1, the „suicide“ of Rosemarys ancestor is missing, why the former owner of the apartment put the big cupboard into the corridor to avoid „the neighbors“ to enter, etc.) because the plot starts late.
I would prefer the full feature, faded or not.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2018 12:40 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Polanski's brilliant pacing and tension building can only be captured in the full feature... but the 3 reeler looks gorgeous. It's letterboxes and a great short feature to show without committing to a two and half hour movie. Ideally it's good to have both. And, the features doesn't come with the cool boxes!\

As for what's it's worth... I would say $150 if it's mint and in the original boxes.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2018 12:41 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Polanski's brilliant pacing and tension building can only be captured in the full feature... but the 3 reeler looks gorgeous. It's letterboxes and a great short feature to show without committing to a two and half hour movie. Ideally it's good to have both. And, the features doesn't come with the cool boxes!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC