8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WTB: Stereo shorts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB: Stereo shorts
Iman Yahya
Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2019 06:33 AM      Profile for Iman Yahya   Email Iman Yahya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for any Stereo shorts, snipes or trailers, ideally in excellent condition.

Particularly these Derann releases:
WAR OF THE WORLDS PROMO (Jeff Wayne)
TOOT PLUNK WHISTLE AND BOOM (Disney, Scope)
TEARS OF THE MOON (Fox Movietone, Scope)
THIS IS SCOPE

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 29, 2019 11:54 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be neat to have "Toot Whistle, plunnk and Boom" in stereo!

I have the fairly rare flat version of "toot". I believe that it was an Italian print but very high quality.

That film was released right when scope was first being introduced, and so Disney did a flat and scope version, and the way the shots are set up is different for the two films, (in other words, the flat version is not just a "blown up' version of the scope film, but a seperate flat version, much in the same way that MGM released Tom and Jerry's in both scope and flat versions as well).

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2019 05:06 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Iman

I have the first two for sale (see pic below) but want to keep the others as they are on showreels here 'somewhere'.

I'll watch them today and send you more details by PM message.

Feel free to send me your wants list as I plan to sell slowly but surely about 80% of my collection and hopefully I will have more you are looking for.

Kevin.

-

Iman Yahya
Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2019 05:31 AM      Profile for Iman Yahya   Email Iman Yahya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,

Wow! Thank you, I'll drop a PM tonight. Interested to hear if you're willing to sell any of my other wants. [Smile]

Iman Yahya
Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2019 09:28 AM      Profile for Iman Yahya   Email Iman Yahya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bump...

Sill looking for STEREO prints of the following scope shorts:

TEARS OF THE MOON (Fox Movietone about pearl divers in Japan)
THIS IS SCOPE 1 (Derann promo reel with feature excerpts)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC