8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WorkprinterXP Wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WorkprinterXP Wanted
Joe Padavic
Junior

- posted April 26, 2019 03:08 PM      Profile for Joe Padavic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My WorkprinterXP after 15 years is in need of repair or replacement.
Post if you know anyone that can repair one of these or has a WorkprinterXP for sale.

I believe the end of the shuttle/claw has snapped of and will no longer push the film.

--------------------
Selling memories, emotions and teardrops of happiness

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 26, 2019 07:50 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe... If it's just the claw that is broken. It's not a difficult job to replace it. The MovieStuff Workprinter XP is basically just a modified GAF projector. I pulled one of my old junker GAFs off the shelf to see how the claw assy was mounted.

Here is what the Workprinter XP Claw Assy on my machine looks like:
 -

Here is what the Claw Assy looks like in most GAF Anscovision type Projectors. It looks identical except for a small piece in the middle that looks like it was removed.

-

I removed a couple screws and the plastic knobs. To remove the entire claw assy you have to pry off the clip holding the framer assy together. Once the clip is removed you can left off the claw assy.

-

-

You can find various models of these GAFs on EBay and Craigs List all the time. I think most Workprinter XPs were made from models 388D and 2388D...but other model claws might fit also. Just remove your old claw and replace it with one from another GAF projector. If it doesn't work...well you were going to buy another one anyway...right? [Smile]

[ April 27, 2019, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Joe Padavic
Junior

- posted April 27, 2019 10:01 AM      Profile for Joe Padavic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Under the WorkprinterXP label - it's a GAF Anscovision 333 Dual 8. I haven't been able to locate that exact model on EBay, but I'll keep looking. I'll check the models you mentioned and see if they might be compatible.
My claw still has the metal clip that rides on the washer with the oblong hole (sorry don't know all the parts by name).

--------------------
Selling memories, emotions and teardrops of happiness

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 27, 2019 04:11 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Joe...MovieStuff also used the 333 model. However I pretty much think the claw is the same in all the models.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC