8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Red Fox 70's commercials 1# wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Red Fox 70's commercials 1# wanted
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 07, 2019 12:21 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I already have the 2# collection, which quite thankfully, was reprinted by Derann films when they bought out Red Fox films negatives, but I've never seen a low fade #1.

I'm looking for a, at least decent color copy of the Red Fox release of this. Three of the commercials on this reel are a McDonalds Commercial, a Charmin (Mr. Whipple) commercial and one or two of the "Me and My RC" coms. (if that helps anyone track this down.

Anybody have a copy of this?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2019 07:22 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, my copy has Schlitz beer, marathon man candy bar,2 RC Cola's, Kelloggs frosted rice,ivory soap, Gleem toothpaste,cheer detergent,old Milwaukee beer. There is no markings on leader saying its red fox or not. Didn't see McDonald or Mr. Whipple. It is a 200ft reel with shortened leaders and still decent colors left.

[ May 09, 2019, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Jim Schrader ]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 08, 2019 11:47 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THAT one is the second 70's commercial reel and I believe that if you look at the leader, (that is, if it still has the complete leader) it will say "70's commercial reel 2"

--------------------

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2019 12:39 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have both reels and they are great! Lots of fun to watch! My first reel is a full 200 ft. And the second reel is 400 ft! Nice red fox prints!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 09, 2019 11:33 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, now you have ME very CURIOUS!

I know that reel #2 was definitely a 200ft (very full) release, as I have it, un-altered with complete leaders beginning and end, (that's the Derann reprint).

I also have an unaltered Red Fox print of reel #1, but it has faded red ... it's also 200ft, very full ...

What is this 400ft reel you speak of? I am very curious, as there might be one that I have NEVER seen before (highly possible). Could this be an addition Red Fox commercial reel?

I know it might well be asking a lot, but could you give me a run-down as to what commercials are on this 400ft reel, when you have the time. of course? [Smile]

--------------------

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2019 03:31 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could it be reel 2 and a possible third reel if it was made combined?

--------------------
jim schrader

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2019 03:33 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------
jim schrader

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 11, 2019 11:26 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible. I've never even heard of a third reel!

Boy! I'd love to be able to actually contact the fellow that started Red Fox Films! I believe that he's still alive.

--------------------

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2019 10:28 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I see there were two reels of this title! I still have my red fox catalogs! Well at lease two of them!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC