8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Fantasia 1940 Piccolo extract and Sorcerers Apprentice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fantasia 1940 Piccolo extract and Sorcerers Apprentice
Guy Badger
Junior

- posted October 06, 2019 06:53 PM      Profile for Guy Badger   Email Guy Badger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone looking for Fantasia on Super 8mm might be interested in this eBay auction of a compilation of the German Piccolo release featuring Dance of the Hours and Pastoral Symphony and the well known Disney release of the full Sorcerers Apprentice sequence.

Frame grabs show very good colour throughout.

Fantasia 1940 Super 8mm 600ft Colour Sound Walt Disney Sorcerers Apprentice

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 07, 2019 06:51 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the Sorcerers Apprentice is specifically the WDHM release from the early 80's or a release of the same from some other company? I've asked the seller, for instance, if this section ends with Mickey congratulating Stokowski, (which is not in the WDHM version).

I haven't heard back yet but when i do I'll let everyone know who is interested in this reel.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 08, 2019 09:03 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update:

Yes, it is the WDHM early 80's print and not an L.P.P. Derann print. Having said that, the colors do appear to be holding up well. i have heard that there WERE a few "Sorcerers Apprentice" prints of this run, struck in the UK, that did make it onto low fade, so it is possible, but without seeing the actual sprocket area, i can't verify that.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC